Website Wellington Management
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
The Client Counterparty Agreement Analyst role, within the Derivatives Operations and Technology Team, will work with Trading, Legal, Client Service, other internal Wellington teams and external brokers to successfully on-board new clients to counterparty derivatives agreements. Additional responsibilities include working to streamline the overall onboarding process with counterparties, maintaining active agreements and capturing key agreement terms in current firm systems as well as soon-to-be-created data repositories. Given this is the team’s first step into globalization by expanding beyond Boston, the new analyst will play a key role in partnering with regional stakeholders to strengthen our ability to serve clients globally.
- Identify new client accounts for derivatives onboarding and initiate onboarding process with counterparties
- Work to define and maintain service level agreements (SLAs) with our counterparties that govern servicing expectations, as well as escalation/remedial actions for SLA breaches
- Leverage our counterparty relationships to implement changes to better scale our business (i.e., Markit RFA implementation), and identify technology solutions to manage communications
- Work closely with IHS Markit to help scale our use of their strategic workflow tool, Markit Onboarding Accelerator
- Identify synergies across regions as the team continues to expand global presence and support for clients.
- Negotiate select business terms and, with support from the Derivatives Legal Team, manage the umbrella legal agreements and amendment process with counterparties for new and existing accounts
- Partner with Client Services Group to establish communication channels with counterparties; ensure consistency of documentation/deliverables, sharing of best practices and improving coordination and communication between client teams and the counterparties related to document submissions
- Facilitate the collection and review of required documentation; post required documentation to Markit and ensure client confidentiality standards are maintained
- Coordinate lifecycle hand-off with Client Transaction Services
- Respond to counterparty KYC and other broker requests related to client documentation for onboardings
- Work closely with IT, Trading, and Guideline Monitoring to enhance end-to-end broker restriction management
- Support the ongoing counterparty/client optimization analysis and remedial actions, including the prompting of client onboarding/off-boarding exercises
Analyst is expected to have 8+ years buy-side or sell-side experience in derivatives, specifically with a focus on client onboarding. Important characteristics for success in the role include:
- Expertise in investment management operations and workflow processes; derivatives onboarding experience is required
- Demonstrated success on projects and working effectively in working groups
- Ability to synthesize, condense and convey complex information to key stakeholders in clear, digestible, and simple terms
- Service oriented; ability to balance policy standards with a business perspective
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong business judgement and analytical skills
- Deadline focused, organized self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and issues
- Ability to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
To apply for this job please visit wellington.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.