Website Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC)
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You’ll Love This Job:
Being a member of the Corporate Tax Department, within our Finance organization, means you will be part of a diverse and collaborative team. A Product Manager with-in DTCC’s Corporate Tax Department has responsibility for ensuring DTCC’s various business lines are in compliance with tax withholding and reporting regulations and for managing and growing the Global Tax Services business. The business lines include helping clients comply with their US tax withholding obligations and for investors to obtain favorable tax withholding rates on non-US securities held at DTCC.
The position requires keen business analysis and communication skills to draft and present business requirements on complex tax regulations and solutions to both internal and external stakeholders for ratification.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Conduct analysis of withholding and reporting tax regulations, income tax treaties and new issue prospectuses to identify service expansion opportunities
- Provide day-to-day tax support to Operations on withholding tax matters, including reviewing cash and stock mergers to identify events subject to section 302 processing
- Collaborate as required with product managers, Operations and in-house counsel to develop service enhancements and/or compliance procedures
- Participate in cross-functional project team meetings to ensure project strategy and operational issues are reviewed
- Planning and coordination of DTCC’s annual tax conference
- Act as a key product member in an Agile squad and partnering with internal teams for implementation of new features ensuring that all proposed changes are reviewed, feedback is incorporated and any impact is fully communicated to internal and external stakeholders
- Generates revenue forecasts reports from internal systems, reviews product line P&L on a monthly basis
- Identifies opportunities to increase revenue or reduce costs within the business
- Act as main business contact for internal control functions, operations and technology teams
- Identifies potential risks to achieving project objectives and elevates to appropriate management
- Documents requirements in a clear and consistent manner through JIRA and other tools
- Ensures the product development methodology process vis a vis specific projects is followed, i.e., ensures stage-gate process is followed (specific DTCC internal methodology)
- Expected to be SME in an area of the product and, where required, to attend meetings with clients to help with product area of expertise
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed For Success:
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Excellent presentation, writing and verbal communication skills, including delivery of executive presentations and building slide decks
- Knowledgeable with various US tax withholding regulations such as 1441, 1446, 871(m), 305(c), 302, and 1099 / 1042-S reporting
- Knowledge of U.S. and global securities market practices as they relate to income processing, associated tax implications and tax relief/reclaim procedures with respect to ADRs and other DTC eligible foreign securities
- Ability to review corporate action events and determine tax withholding obligations, (e.g. if an corporate action is subject to section 302 procedures)
- Ability to communicate information effectively both verbally and in written form for internal and external audiences
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About the Team
To apply for this job please visit ebxr.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.