Website BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon will be registering as a Securities Based Swap Dealer (“SBSD”). This position is for the Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”) of the SBSD. The CCO will play a key role in preparing BNY Mellon for registration as a SBSD which will include the design and implementation of a Compliance Risk Framework to help support the organization’s registration process and thereafter. The specific responsibilities of the CCO are set forth by relevant SEC regulation and include:
- The CCO is responsible for taking reasonable steps to ensure that the SBSD establishes, maintains and reviews written policies and procedures reasonably designed to achieve compliance with relevant SEC rules and regulations relating to its business as a SBSD.
- Taking reasonable steps to ensure that the SBSD establishes, maintains and reviews policies and procedures reasonably designed to remediate non-compliance issues identified by the chief compliance officer or by other means.
- Taking reasonable steps to ensure that the SBSD establishes and follows procedures reasonably designed for the handling, management response, remediation, retesting, and resolution of non-compliance issues.
- In consultation with the board of directors or the senior officer of the SBSD, take reasonable steps to resolve any material conflicts of interest that may arise.
- The CCO is responsible for annually preparing a Compliance Report, the content of which will be compliant with SEC rule requirements.
Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA, JD or professional certification preferred. 12-15 years of total work experience, with 3-5 years of management experience, preferred. Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred.
To apply for this job please visit bnymellon.eightfold.ai.