Website Jackson National Life
Performs activities to calculate net asset valuations (NAV’s) for mutual fund transactions on larger and/or more complex funds, researching and resolving discrepancies, and performing reconciliations. Prepares month-end and year-end reports, and assists in the preparation of various internal and external reports. Reviews work of less experienced mutual fund accountants. Works closely with supervisor to mentor, train, and guide new hires.
- Calculates daily Net Asset Values for several moderately complex to complex funds accurately and on a timely basis.
- Researches and resolves cash and security reconciliations to custodian using appropriate resources.
- Completes bank reconciliation forms to identify differences.
- Reviews completed S&P funds to verify accuracy.
- Reviews monthly reconciliation reports.
- May review daily NAV calculations and other work of less experienced fund accountants.
- Verifies other daily transactions such as dividend payments, interest payments, and corporate actions.
- Researches security price fluctuations that break tolerance.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation reports and semi-annual SEC filings.
- Mentors and trains less experienced fund accountants.
- Assists in ongoing evaluation of staff.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of new procedures/controls to improve performance and increase departmental efficiency.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid understanding of investment vehicles such as equities, fixed income, derivative securities, etc.
- Thorough understanding of internal accounting controls and procedures unique to JNAM and the individual funds.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Access, Excel and other relevant department software.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with peers and management.
- Ability to train and coach employees.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in accounting or finance preferred, required.
- 5+ years work experience required.
We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Jackson is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The Company subscribes to and endorses federal and state laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, legally-recognized disability, marital status, legally-protected medical condition, citizenship, ancestry, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other factor not related to the needs of the job. The Company is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Company facilities and campuses are tobacco-free environments.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.