Website S&P Global
We deliver essential intelligence that powers decision making
The Team: The Derivatives Data and Valuation Services division provides pricing and valuation services on a broad spectrum of vanilla to complex derivatives to the largest asset managers, investment banks, fund administrators, auditing firms, and regulators. Key products include Totem, Portfolio Valuations, OTC Derivatives Data, and additional add-on services such as Initial Margin Calculation. The global team is widely regarded as the market leader for these services and maintain extremely strong relationships across the market.
The Impact: Business Development is the commercial arm of product. The team is the key between our clients/market needs and our product teams; in this role we partner with clients to directly influence the direction that our services take, plan for future growth, and execute on new ideas.
What’s in it for you:
- See your direct impact through business growth, client relationships, and expansion of services
- Work with and alongside global subject matter experts to address market needs
- Innovate and create new services/products for clients
- Assist in the creation of business plans and sales campaigns
- Perform client/ prospect outreach in several ways including individual client meetings, attending seminars and conferences, participating on speaking panels, hosting roundtables and webinars
- Work closely with clients on build out of new products and services as design partners
- Create and develop new marketing material as well as sales presentations
- Engage in thought leadership via various channels including industry publications, blog posts
- Work closely with sales on product commercialization and fees as well as licensing structures such as permitted use cases and delivery
- Respond to requests for proposals
- Perform competitor analysis
- Serve as an SME and point person for your allocated product providing understanding of clients, technical information, product characteristics, coaching Sales peers in terms of Sales USPs and presales questioning etc.
- Active participation in Sales Conferences/ Special Events sales collateral production, client entertainment, and association memberships. It is expected that the candidate will help drive these activities for the product line to maximize sales revenue and client retention
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree: business administration/business management preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a derivatives-based market
- Commercial awareness
- Key requirement of managing complex relationships towards the main objective of increasing revenue streams year-on-year in line with the account plan
- Must be able to manage senior level meetings
- Good communication skills both written and verbal required for complex commercial and business discussions
- Teamwork – Needs to build internal relationships as well as external ones. Important to have the confidence of product managers and other salespeople. Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
To apply for this job please visit spgi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.