Website CME Group
The Software Engineer III engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Applies strong knowledge of Java language, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in designing, developing and testing key components.
- Demonstrates skill in language proficiency.
- Designs with guidance and codes independently and Identifies potential opportunities for code optimization.
- Writes application modules and unit tests with minimal guidance.
- Exhibits skilled knowledge of database SQL, performs elementary database modeling and intermediate database tuning.
- Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing.
- Provides input for code reviews and helps with environment build deployments, release notes and notifications.
- Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects and helps to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code.
- Work with business to define/refine/finalize requirements.
- Uses design tools to frequently share and communicate design ideas on larger systems.
- Uses patterns frequently, contributing to best practice and process enhancements.
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute.
- Hands-on experience in Java, Spring Framework, Jenkins, Chef and related technologies.
- Good experience with making significant contribution to both technical approach & deliveries.
- Experience of Apache, Kafka and other modern enterprise software solutions.
- Experience in developing and automating solutions directly related to Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery and infrastructure automation.
- Experience of low-latency Java programming and fault tolerant distributed architectures.
- Experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
- Experience in working with remote teams, different time zones, and consultants.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cmegroup.com.