Website Simon Markets LLC
Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in 2020, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. We are currently operating remotely, and will transition to a flexible and hybrid model later this year.
We are looking for outstanding Senior Data Engineers to join our New York-based team who can help build the infrastructure to make data a central part of SIMON. Data driven decisions are very critical for SIMON, as a result, we are looking for engineers that will not only be able to use the data but also understand it and help make actionable decisions. Data Engineers quickly grasp complex and fluid business problems and solve them with robust and creative analyses after having built highly-performant and highly scalable infrastructure to warehouse the data. If you love using the latest technologies, working on creative software projects, and/or thinking about innovative new business plans in your spare time, read on.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Leverage open-source technologies and cloud solutions to build elegant features that SIMON platform users love
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data platform infrastructure to drive SIMON business growth and enable data-driven organization
- Design and develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality
- Streamline the ingestion of raw data from various sources into our Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval that represent the product entities and meet business requirements
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative area or related field
- 4+ years of experience with open-source technologies or object-oriented/functional programming, strong ability to write easy-to-scale, high-quality code
- Experienced in at least 1 numeric research framework (python/pandas, R/Splus, Octave/Matlab)
- Familiarity with OLAP (Redshift, Snowflake) and OLTP (PostgreSQL, MongoDB) databases.
- Familiarity with various database designs (Relational, Columnar, NoSQL)
- Experience with AWS solutions such as Lambda, S3, Kinesis, ElastiCache
- Professional experience with Python and JVM based languages such as Scala, Java, and Kotlin
- Familiarity with AWS and infrastructure-as-code (terraform or cloud formation)
- Some background in probability/statistics
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passionate about programming and cutting-edge technologies
- Master’s or Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Experience building data-pipelines, data-lakes and data warehouses.
- Good knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
- Full-time or internship experience as a data engineer in the financial technology industry is a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.
To apply for this job please visit simonmarkets.bamboohr.com.