Website Capital One
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
The Compliance Tester II (Senior Associate) performs a key second line of defense role, to help ensure Dodd-Frank regulatory requirements are met across all applicable lines of business specifically within the Swap Dealer Commercial Compliance Testing team. The Compliance Tester II will execute risk-based compliance transaction testing under the leadership of a team leader, for the purpose of independently validating Swap Dealer activities and determining compliance with applicable laws and regulations – Commodity Exchange Act (CEA) and related Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) regulations.
Responsibilities will include (but may not be limited to):
– Under the leadership of a team leader, executing targeted transaction or control testing for applicable Dodd-Frank compliance requirements.
– Managing testing schedules to ensure all tasks and reporting are completed within established timeframes.
– Analyzing data from multiple sources and systematically documenting the work and results.
– Reviewing transaction tests executed by peers for accuracy and adherence to test procedures.
– Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Compliance Advisors and Business Areas as needed.
– Assisting in communicating results to Compliance Officers, as needed.
– At least 2 years of experience testing or monitoring in a compliance department for an institutional broker dealer, or at least two years of experience as a swap dealer, or at least 2 years of experience performing a compliance advisory role.
– High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
– Bachelor’s degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems or Business Administration
– At least 3 years of experience testing or monitoring.
– At least 3 years of experience as a compliance advisory in a compliance department for an institutional broker dealer or swap dealer.
– At least 3 years of experience with NFA, FINRA or CFTC.
– Proficient knowledge of swaps (interest rate, foreign exchange or commodities), derivatives and/or futures
– Proficient knowledge of the CEA, Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act and CFTC swap regulations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To apply for this job please visit capitalone.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.