Website Russell Investments
Trader, European Equity & Derivatives
Located in Seattle, this Russell Associate will be responsible for EMEA Equity Securities and Derivatives transactions with a shift covering European Markets. This associate will be a key member of the trading team responsible for providing global equity and derivatives (equity index and fixed income futures and bilateral OTC options) execution to the Russell Funds, multiple Investment Managers, and external 3rd party separate account mandates. They will be trading live European markets and will be responsible for implementing trading strategies that conform to Russell’s best execution guidelines. This position will operate with autonomy yet work closely with the various members of the global trading team, in particular the existing EMEA trading team.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Execution of EMEA Equities. Will be responsible for efficiently executing a broad array of EMEA equity strategies, from global trading mandates to more focused mandates. This individual must be familiar with global Equity markets, including developed, emerging and frontier.
- Trade execution across derivatives including listed futures – equity index and fixed income. Other instruments in scope are listed and bilateral OTC equity index and fixed income options and swaps.
- Communication. Effectively interact and communicate with members of Russell Investments Implementation Services, Clients, External Investment Managers, Portfolio Managers, Exchanges, Broker-Dealers, and others in the investment community to create efficiencies geared towards the continued development of the high-speed/low-latency environment. Develop best practices that will support operational and trading scale within the group.
- Risk Management and Best Practices. Interact with numerous clients, investment managers/portfolio managers and execute program and/or single line transactions, specifically focused on the equity securities and derivatives space. Interface with various order management systems and operate multiple market facing execution technologies.
- A successful candidate will be extremely detail oriented. An understanding of a wide set of financial products – including the interaction of equity derivatives with interest rates, FX and commodities is essential given the nature of Russell Investments’ client base.
- This role is trading during the EMEA market open hours (so approximately 11pm to 9am Pacific).
Degrees / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related area required, advanced degree and CFA Charter or working towards the Charter a plus.
- SIE, Series 7, 57, 63 licenses strongly preferred.
- 2-5+ years of equity and/or listed derivatives trading experience in the brokerage/trading and/or asset management industry, with a focus on trading international equities and derivatives.
- Experience working with the institutional finance community.
In depth knowledge of Global Equity and Derivatives Trading Marketplace and clearing infrastructure.
- Trade execution experience across derivatives including listed futures – equity index and fixed income. Other instruments in scope are listed and bilateral OTC equity index and fixed income options and swaps.
- Highly proficient with multiple PC based trading software systems including securities-related applications (portfolio accounting, trade order management, Execution Management Systems, trading platforms, FIX connectivity).
- Bloomberg familiarity. Ability to understand and work with multiple complex trading system configurations.
- Highly proficient with Excel.
- Programming skills in VBA, R, C#, SQL a plusWe offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, vision and dental coverage, profit sharing retirement plan, sabbatical leave, and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. Russell supports workforce diversity, and we are an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person’s actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person’s biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit russell.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.