Website PPM America, Inc.
Working at PPM America, Inc.
Founded in 1990, PPM is a US-based institutional asset manager with $74 billion in assets under management. We have extensive expertise in providing investment solutions in public and private fixed income, private equity, commercial real estate debt, and CLO management. PPM prides itself on being a nimble, investment-led organization that is responsive to the opportunities that our teams discover together. Our mission is to deliver client specific solutions and world-class service to investors in the pursuit of their unique investment objectives.
At PPM, we pursue professionals who exhibit humbleness, directness, and dedication. Our communication style is informal, and we encourage open collaboration and give our teams the freedom to speak openly and share new ideas. This philosophy has been serving us well for decades: creating a low turnover rate and a high average tenure. Our values guide our internal conduct and help define the type of relationships we share with our investors, affiliates, and other valued partners. We attract and retain the right people who believe in our culture and take ownership for delivering results. Above all, we’re passionate about giving back to our clients, to each other, and to our community. We understand that community and purpose are just as important as the job description when finding your next career.
At PPM, we offer opportunities to get involved with a diverse network of peers and support the causes that are important to you. Your passion and talents can make a lasting impact on our organization and our community.
The Risk Management Department is responsible for overseeing the firm’s investment, operational, and enterprise risk management programs and governance. Within that construct, Risk Management provides a broad spectrum of risk management support to the firm’s departments, including Front Office (Portfolio Management, Trading, and Credit Research), Operations (Portfolio Services and Information Technology), and Legal & Compliance.
The Risk Management Analyst role works across the three functional areas of PPM’s Risk Management team: Investment Risk, Operational Risk, and Enterprise Risk. The Analyst role will be centrally focused on supporting the Investment Risk function in reviewing the firm’s investment risk across the portfolios (estimated 75% of time). However, the role will include tasks supporting the Operational/Enterprise Risk functions in reviewing investment operations risk, controls, and incidents (estimated 25% of time). The Risk Management Analyst works closely with personnel on the Risk Management team and reports directly to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
In the Risk Management role, the Analyst assists the following functional Risk areas:
- Investment Risk team with analysis of investment risk across portfolios/strategies, including Risk Committee reporting and Quarterly CIO/Portfolio Management reviews.
- Operational Risk team in review and reporting of operational risk incidents, remediations, and timelines.
- Enterprise Risk team and CRO in special projects including review of LIBOR exposure across assets, asset valuation analysis, and reporting and project management across risk function.
- Serve as junior support staff for the senior members of the Risk Management team.
- Actively monitor Investment Risk dashboards for risk outliers, data discrepancies, and other escalation issues; subsequently, translate findings into meaningful conclusions for senior staff.
- Produce and review investment performance reports and related analysis.
- Investment risk data work, including manipulation, cleansing, organization, and formatting for the team’s use.
- Monitor and validate analytics related to SEC Liquidity and Derivatives Risk Management rules.
- Maintain and review Operational Risk data related to operational incidents.
- Aid in the facilitation of the firm’s Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program.
- Administration of the firm’s efforts to review asset valuation risk.
- Assist the CRO and staff with special projects, as needed.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, inquisitive, and enthusiastic about financial services and risk management. The candidate should be effective working in a team environment, as well as have the ability to work independently on specific projects. The candidate should be professional, self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented. Specific attributes required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, preferably in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline. Progress towards or completion of an advanced degree or CFA/FRM qualification preferred, but not required.
- Three to five years of work experience in risk management, financial markets, portfolio management, or related field.
- Strong understanding of financial instruments and investment products, preferably through work experience with fixed income.
- Strong understanding of fixed income risk metrics as well as general statistical concepts, such as standard deviation, correlation, and probability distributions.
- Ability to read, interpret, and generate visual displays of information, and translate them into meaningful conclusions/analysis.
- Ability to think critically, to prioritize and manage deadlines, to seek guidance when necessary, and to communicate complex ideas/problems effectively.
- Positive attitude and a collaborative approach; positive contributor to the team culture.
- Strong proficiency with the entire Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and PowerBI required.
- Experience with third-party tools used in financial services preferred, such as Bloomberg, Blackrock Aladdin, or other portfolio investment systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity PPM America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we base our employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, non-job related disability, pregnancy or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.