Jackson National Life
CREG has loan origination personnel (‘”Producers”) that are responsible for loan origination in specified geographical territories. The Real Estate Underwriter works closely with the Producers in all aspects of the commercial mortgage loan origination and closing process. The current commercial mortgage portfolio is approximately $7 Billion and annual loan production is expected to continue to be around $2.0 Billion for the foreseeable future.
- Provide support and analysis in all aspects of the commercial mortgage loan process, including economic analysis, borrower/sponsor analysis, market analysis, lease review and analysis, and helping prepare credit committee presentations.
- Work with Producers in reviewing, quoting, negotiating and underwriting new business as designated by the Producers.
- Work closely with CREG’s Mortgage Correspondents and Borrowers to review new loan opportunities for all types (core, bridge and mezzanine), secure needed information, and to provide back up for Producers.
- Provide administrative support to Producers, when needed, to ensure CREG process is responsive and efficient.
- Assist Producers and CREG loan closers in closing new loan transactions, including review of third party reports and updated economic information, and procuring needed closing items.
- Serve as part of Prescreen Group. The Prescreen Group provides input on new business strategy and annual business plan and helps establish processes and procedures for new loan originations. This group also reviews non-straightforward new transactions.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects related to PPM’s CREG.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in CoStar and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact well with people inside and outside the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related area required.
- 2+ years of experience in the commercial real estate field, including underwriting both core and structured commercial mortgage loans, preferred.
- Experience with a permanent lender preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.