Website PPM America
Are you a talented writer with an interest in financial markets? PPM America is looking to hire a financial writer to create materials in support of the firm’s business development and client service. This individual will impact the sales process by writing thematic white papers as part of targeted campaigns. The individual will also interact with many teams across the organization, in particular portfolio managers within fixed income, private equity and commercial real estate. Writing will be the primary responsibility for this role, but there are multiple forms of content creation, including infographics, videos, social media posts and marketing slides. This position reports to and will work daily with the vice president of Marketing & Communications.
- Conceive, write and edit reports on public and private fixed income, private equity and commercial real estate debt.
Aid the sales effort by writing thematic white papers as part of targeted campaigns with prospective clients.
- Work directly with portfolio managers and other senior leaders to capture and share their views.
- Analyze data and work with PPM’s Graphic Designer to produce visuals (charts, tables, etc.) that support and enhance all written communications.
- Generate content for and produce market-related infographics and videos.
- Expand the reach of content through the use of social media platforms, in particular LinkedIn.
- Write and edit custom marketing slides describing market dynamics, as well as create and update supporting visuals.
Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The ideal candidate is a skilled writer with experience in the financial industry or financial and business news. Candidates outside of the industry or recent graduates that have knowledge of financial markets will be considered. However, excellent writing and editing skills are required.
- Ability to take opinions and complex concepts and develop clear, concise materials for use with both institutional and retail audiences across the world.
- Aptitude to generate multiple forms of content while demonstrating project management skills. Balancing projects with both quick turnaround times and longer timelines is a necessity.
- Strong work ethic and a collaborative working style.
- Ability to create visuals in both Excel and PowerPoint for investment-related reports, infographics and marketing decks. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite preferred, in particular InDesign and Acrobat.
- Writing samples will be required as part of the interview process.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Working at PPM America
Founded in 1990, PPM is a US-based asset manager with $79 billion in AUM. We provide investment solutions in public and private fixed income, private equity, commercial real estate debt and collateralized loan obligations (CLOs).
Careers: At PPM, we pursue professionals who exhibit humbleness, directness and dedication. Our communication style is informal; we encourage open collaboration and give our teams the freedom to speak openly and share new ideas.
Culture and Values: Our values guide our internal conduct and help define the type of relationships we share with our investors, affiliates and other valued partners. We attract and retain the right people who believe in our culture and take ownership for delivering results.
Community Engagement: Above all, we are passionate about giving back to our clients, to each other and to our community. We understand that community and purpose are just as important as the job description when finding your next career. At PPM, we offer opportunities to get involved with a diverse network of peers and support the causes that are important to you. Your passion and talents can make a lasting impact on our organization and our community.
Employee Benefits: Our employees go the extra mile every day and the benefits of working at PPM reflect our commitment to support and enhance their personal and professional lives. The plans and programs listed below are offered in collaboration with our parent company.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k retirement plan with dollar-for-dollar matching contributions (up to 6% of salary)
- Life insurance
- Holidays and paid time off, including paid time off to volunteer
- Donation matching
- Tuition and professional certification reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity PPM America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we base our employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, non-job related disability, pregnancy or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.