Website PPM America Inc.
Working at PPM America, Inc.
Founded in 1990, PPM is a US-based institutional asset manager with $72 billion in assets under management. We have extensive expertise in providing investment solutions in public and private fixed income, private equity, commercial real estate debt, and CLO management. PPM prides itself on being a nimble, investment-led organization that is responsive to the opportunities that our teams discover together. Our mission is to deliver client specific solutions and world-class service to investors in the pursuit of their unique investment objectives.
At PPM, we pursue professionals who exhibit humbleness, directness, and dedication. Our communication style is informal, and we encourage open collaboration and give our teams the freedom to speak openly and share new ideas. This philosophy has been serving us well for decades: creating a low turnover rate and a high average tenure. Our values guide our internal conduct and help define the type of relationships we share with our investors, affiliates, and other valued partners. We attract and retain the right people who believe in our culture and take ownership for delivering results. Above all, we’re passionate about giving back to our clients, to each other, and to our community. We understand that community and purpose are just as important as the job description when finding your next career.
PPM offers opportunities to get involved with a diverse network of peers and support the causes that are important to you. Your passion and talents can make a lasting impact on our organization and our community.
The Portfolio Services Department lives by the maxim that our work must be Timely, Complete, and Accurate. Within that construct, Portfolio Services provides a broad spectrum of operational support in conjunction with owning the firm’s Investment Book of Record (IBOR) and a fiduciary oversight of client investments and assets. Functionally oriented teams include Public & Private Operations, Performance Analytics, Data Management and Business & Product Reporting. Portfolio Services faces off to the spectrum of Investment, Trading and Administrative groups within PPM as well as provides direct and indirect support to external clientele and their agents.
The Portfolio Analyst Role exists within the Public Securities Operations Team which provides a centralized and coordinated function supporting investment accounting, cash management, reconciliation and trade processing and settlement activities across PPM America’s many business units and clientele. The team leverages the organization through operating depth, developed skills, use of technology, process optimization and clear operating accountabilities. As an Analyst, the candidate will work closely with personnel in Investment Management, Performance Analytics, Securities Operations, IT and other groups and clients, as needed.
This role includes responsibilities for fixed income instruments and derivatives across a variety of client types and investment strategies. The candidate must be eager to learn and be comfortable managing a diverse range of functions and disciplines. Responsibilities include cash reporting, reconciliation to custody, trade settlements, daily margining, OTC confirmations, amongst others. This role involves significant interaction with internal parties (traders, business development, portfolio managers, other PPM ops teams, etc.) as well as external parties such as FCM’s, counterparties, custodians, and clients).
- Daily Futures and Cleared OTC margin reconciliation and collateral support activities
- Processing of OTC derivative confirmations and settlements (MakitWire and paper)
- Facilitation of various regulatory and client reporting activities
- Reconciliation of portfolio holdings, cash and non-cash activities between various in-house systems and custodial or third-party platforms
- Timely resolution and communication of identified portfolio discrepancies and errors
- Delivery of investable cash and cash event data to investment teams and other interested parties
- Providing support for the timely and accurate trade settlement processing for various public security types across all client portfolios
- Processing and validation of all non-trade related activities occurring within client portfolios, including transfers, wires, principal & interest transactions, and any miscellaneous activities
- Validation of portfolio specific information: reporting requirements, processing requirements, and account validation. Identify, collect, and maintain all requisite documentation and records pertaining to the portfolios
- Onboarding of new portfolios into current operational processes
- Development of new processes as required by new clients, custodians, regulators, auditors, or risk procedures.
- Provide back-up support for other Portfolio Services team members and assist in special projects and “ad hoc” requests
- Develop a deep and comprehensive knowledge of the use, capabilities and maintenance of the Aladdin portfolio management system and related platforms within the PPM operational and systematic ecosystem
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and is passionate about financial services. The candidate should be effective working in a team environment, as well as have the ability to work independently on specific projects and initiatives. The candidate should be professional, self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented. The ability to interpret, present, and distill a variety of data is a must as the team serves to establish the firm’s IBOR and portfolio level activities and characteristics.
- BS degree or equivalent, preferably in accounting, finance, economics, marketing, or a related discipline
- Minimum of two years of practical experience in public audit, financial services, management consulting or asset management operations
- Broad knowledge and understanding of investment products and their characteristics including the spectrum of fixed income instruments, derivatives and their life-cycle events
- Basic understanding of institutional Corporate Action processing covering both equity and fixed income instruments
- Ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple deadlines and clientele simultaneously
- Experience in preparing accurate and timely reports, analysis and presentations for management and clients
- Unquestionable professional integrity
- Strong teamwork-based approach to work and collective activities
- Critical thinking, analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving expertise
- Advanced proficiency with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exposure to and demonstrative proficiency with third-party tools used in financial services such as: Bloomberg, ICE, Refinitiv, IHS Markit, Blackrock Aladdin or other portfolio accounting platform
- Technical aptitude, such as with Power BI or another business intelligence system a plus; knowledge of Aladdin portfolio management system is very helpful
- Additional credentials or progress toward an advanced degree or chartered industry designation (i.e., CFA, CPA, etc.) are a plus
At PPM, we offer opportunities to get involved with a diverse network of peers and support the causes that are important to you. Your passion and talents can make a lasting impact on our organization and our community.
Our employees go the extra mile every day, and the benefits of working at PPM reflect our commitment to supporting and enhancing their personal and professional lives. The plans and programs listed below are offered in collaboration with our parent company.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k retirement plan with dollar-for-dollar matching contributions (up to 6% of salary)
- Tuition and professional certification reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Holidays and paid time off
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Life insurance
- Gift matching
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.