OptionMetrics is seeking a strategic, detail-oriented software engineer to join our Quantitative Research team as a Quantitative Developer. You’ll be assisting our Head of Quantitative Research in creating and maintaining models for research projects using C++. We’re small, nimble, casual (no suits – shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. As a member of our Quantitative Research team, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end, with an emphasis on accountability over micromanagement.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with the Head of Quantitative Research to create new and enhance existing models in C++
- Assist our developers with implementation of new models in production code
- Provide coding support for new research ideas
Skills You’ll Need:
- At least 3 years of experience programming in C++
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Applied Math, or similar
- Experience with data handling and ability to analyze data within a SQL environment
- Experience with quantitative modeling is a plus
- Familiarity with options or equities is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment where everyone’s input makes a difference
- Paid time off: Vacation, Personal, Sick days, and Holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (NJT, MTA, etc.) and 401k plan offered
- Full medical and dental insurance coverage
- A bright, open office in Midtown Manhattan near Columbus Circle and steps from Central Park with a great view of Times Square
- The usual drinks and snacks (and we’re still small enough to celebrate everyone’s birthday with cake!)
OptionMetrics began over 20 years ago with the goal of becoming the world’s most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, our data and analytics models are used by over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, asset management firms, and academic institutions worldwide.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.