FIA’s Member Services department operates as the hub of the FIA member and customer experience, by managing and maintaining the association’s database and providing direct support to our members and customers. The department also manages key event and sales processes as well as internal access to member data reporting. This position will report directly to the Director of Membership Data & Services.
Working within the Member Services Department, this individual is responsible for increasing member satisfaction and retention by responding to customer inquiries, resolving issues or complaints, reaching out to member firms to advance their engagement with FIA, providing members with accurate, consistent, timely and meaningful information, and ensuring processes are documented and uniform.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Analyzes existing business processes and makes recommendations for improvements. Documents work processes and initiates efforts to streamline and enhance them for both members and staff.
- Oversees workflow to ensure accurate and timely handling of customer service inquiries and orders. Daily response to member inquires via phone and email.
- Maintains ticketing system and configures the system to track requests, communicate effectively with requesters, and distribute work effectively and efficiently among customer service representatives.
- Creates and maintains database reports and provides detailed analysis of the data. Uses data to look for trends in service requests and suggests process improvements and training opportunities. Proactively monitors quality-related issues, troubleshoots issues, and empowers staff to resolve them when appropriate.
- Creates documentation and procedures to ensure effective cross-training and coverage among Member Services staff. Cross trains team members to help prevent single points of failure.
- Oversee the implementation of logistical and registration processes for FIA conferences and events, with an eye for continuous improvement.
- Collects and analyzes customer satisfaction data and distributes results to appropriate staff.
- Conducts on-boarding and orientation for new members.
- Performs outreach to current member firms to enhance their engagement and customize communications preferences.
- Supports member recruitment and retention strategies by capturing and synthesizing member and non-member metrics/data.
- Support the Director of Membership Data & Services on improving member/customer data processes and reporting.
- Assists with training and empowering association staff to use AMS system.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with an AMS (Association Management System), Aptify preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional customer service skills, with previous customer service, membership or related experience required
- Demonstrated history of business process improvement
- Excellent analytical skills. Proven track record of creating database reports, analyzing the results, and using the data to drive change
- Previous experience managing registration processes for conferences
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Acute attention to detail and excellent follow-through capabilities
- Able to multi-task and sort through multiple priorities, conflicting schedules and deadlines
- Advanced skills in MS Office with a particularly strong skill set in MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable interacting and influencing all levels of the association
- Able to work with colleagues and members in different time zones
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, taking on multiple projects at a time
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit fia.org.