Website CME Group
The Data Science team’s mission is to provide analytics and insights relating to the economic markets, clients, and products in which CME Group operates. The team is responsible for data science, machine learning, analytics, generating insights, and developing data products and tools. The team brings diverse skill sets together (statistics, derivatives expertise, ingenuity, coding and technical skills) in a highly collaborative, collegial manner. The team is one of the key thought leadership groups at the Exchange and serves business leadership to identify and promote significant market and client opportunities.
Looking for a data science role that has the best of both worlds? Join CME to perform machine learning on derivatives markets and digital engagements. We are looking for a highly intelligent person who desires autonomy to explore cutting edge cloud-based machine learning to achieve our objectives. We try new things, fail fast, and ultimately deliver valuable insight through the combination of collaboration, new technology, and algorithms. Analyze patterns and correlations among derivatives products, clients, and other data to generate actionable insight. Perform sophisticated, large-scale (cloud-based) analytics, highly scalable machine learning model development, artificial intelligence, data operations, cloud and high performance computing. Brainstorm, design, and implement internal and external data products and applications. Work with IT teams to help operationalize repeatable analysis, tools, and applications.
One example of our work is: www.cmegroup.com/price-action-alerts.html
Develop applications in machine learning, time series and neural networks to create new data products for the derivatives financial market participants. Use machine learning to create web analytics such as optimizing user journeys leading to product adoption, search ranking, text/sentiment classification enabling user experience personalization. Gather and process both structured and unstructured data at scale (including handling data across multiple formats, creating scripts, data pipeline, schedulers on cloud platform). Work closely with business partners to understand the requirements where data driven solutions are applicable. Visualize results in Tableau and present analytics to high level business leaders. Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data quickly and combining multiple data sets together (transaction, CRM, and website data) Identify opportunities to leverage big data, cloud based compute and datawarehouse. Stay current with leading edge systems, methods, and best practices for data science, analytics, machine learning and data infrastructure.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Engineering
- MS or progress towards MS in Computer Science or Engineering a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in programming, machine learning model development
- 3+ year of experience with data operations on Cloud Services (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure)
- Combination of technical/quantitative and business acumen is strongly preferred
- Strong programming skills and experience using statistics, machine learning and neural networks.
- Strong programming skills in Python (Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, and scikit-learn) and any one of the major object-oriented programming language (C++, Rust, Scala, C# etc.)
- Expertise in data visualizations using packages – Tableau, PowerBI, Matplotlib, or Seaborn.
- Expertise in distributed computing frameworks – Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Ray etc.
- Expertise in highly scalable machine learning applications
- Expertise in applications that can leverage modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU) and big data formats (e.g. Parquet, Arrow)
- Experience with major open source code base for data operations, machine learning, cloud computing
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other similar cloud services
- Experience working with version control tool – Git, Stash, Bitbucket
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Commodity and Financial Derivatives Markets, especially in futures and options trading is recommended
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cmegroup.com.