Website LongTail Alpha, LLC
LongTail Alpha is searching for an Operations Associate to work on-site in its Newport Beach, CA office. Working with the Director of Operations, this individual will assist in the completion and conduct of all firm operational responsibilities as well as support the growth and development of the firm’s operational infrastructure. Candidates should be recent college graduates, or who possess one to two years investment management experience, coupled with a quantitative and technical background.
LongTail Alpha (www.longtailalpha.com) is a quantitative investment management firm that specializes in diversifying investment strategies. Our client base is global institutional investors and sophisticated high net worth individuals.
Our firm’s intellectually rigorous and empowering culture is the foundation of the firm’s principles and values. LongTail Alpha offers its employees the opportunity to contribute their leadership, experience, and expertise to help the firm deliver superior performance, support and service.
This represents an opportunity for an entrepreneurial and motivated individual to join a rapidly growing, focused financial services firm, and work with some of the largest and most sophisticated institutions in the world.
Job Responsibilities include:
– Portfolio management trade support and trade flow processing
– Cash and collateral management
– Operational reporting (i.e. to the portfolio management group, the client services team, etc.)
– Various operational reconciliations
– Operational on-boarding (new clients, funds, brokers, vendors, etc.)
– Vendor oversight and due diligence
– Support and process client Transitions events (subscriptions and redemptions)
– Create technology based solutions, tools, and reports
– Support firm’s Cybersecurity and Business Continuity Planning policies and procedures
– Serve as a back-up to the firm’s Compliance Team as required
– Collaborate with and support the Director of Finance as required
– Contribute to the growth and development of the firm’s operational infrastructure
– Active collaboration on firm-wide projects/initiatives
– Participate in and contribute to firm-wide strategy discussions
– Recent college graduate or 1-2 years investment management experience
– Knowledge of Python, or other programming language, is a plus
– Strong analytical and organizational skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong organization and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects concurrently
– Uncompromising integrity, coupled with emotional intelligence
– Team player, coupled with a high degree of professionalism
If interested, please send your resume to Paul Wendler at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org