Website LongTail Alpha, LLC
LongTail Alpha is searching for a Director of Finance to work on-site in its Newport Beach, CA office. Working closely with the CEO/CIO and Director of Operations, this individual will be responsible for all core fund and firm financial functions and responsibilities.
LongTail Alpha (www.longtailalpha.com) is a quantitative investment management firm that specializes in diversifying investment strategies. Our client base is global institutional investors and sophisticated high net worth individuals.
Our firm’s intellectually rigorous and empowering culture is the foundation of the firm’s principles and values. LongTail Alpha offers its employees the opportunity to contribute their leadership, experience, and expertise to help the firm deliver superior performance, support and service.
This represents an opportunity for an entrepreneurial and motivated individual to join a rapidly growing, focused financial services firm, and work with some of the largest and most sophisticated institutions in the world.
Job Responsibilities include:
– Oversight and management of all fund accounting requirements
– Supervise the publication of the fund’s annual financial statements and coordinate their respective audits
– Publish monthly NAVs and annual financial statements for firm’s proprietary funds
– Management of client reporting process; includes maintenance of industry databases
– Various regulatory and tax filings
– Leadership of the firm’s Valuation Committee
– Coordinate with and provide oversight of the firm’s fund administrator
– General management company finance responsibilities
– Active collaboration on firm-wide projects/initiatives
– Participate in and contribute to firm-wide strategy discussions
– Hedge Fund finance/accounting background (5-10 years)
– Direct fund accounting experience
– Audit and financial statement preparation experience
– Ability to conceptualize, design, and generate enterprise-wide client reports
– Controller/management company finance experience
– CPA (preferred)
– Knowledge of Python, or other programming language, is a plus
– Strong analytical and organizational skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong organization and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects concurrently
– Uncompromising integrity, coupled with emotional intelligence
– Team player, coupled with a high degree of professionalism
If interested, please send your resume to Paul Wendler at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com