Website SIMON Markets LLC
Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning fintech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. We are on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. As a cloud-based company, we are currently operating in a flexible and hybrid work model.
As the Lead UX Researcher at SIMON Markets you will be responsible for both developing and executing our research strategy and evangelizing research and usability testing across the organization. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling in-person and visual presentations on your findings. Your research will help us create useful and usable new products and features for our customers as well as continually innovating on our existing products. In this role, you will create understanding around user needs for the entire organization, while working closely with designers, product managers, stakeholders, and marketers.
What We’re Looking For
- Collect and analyze user behavior through a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods, such as usability testing, 1:1 interviews, and surveys
- Ability to utilize data analysis tools such as Mixpanel, Tableau, and Hot Jar
- Experience conducting usability testing, from unmoderated to formal, moderated testing
- Conduct competitive analysis and independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Understand business problems and collaborate with product teams through: qualitative research, brainstorming exercises; usability tests; persona development; and user needs analysis
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights by working closely with design and product teams to prioritize improvement as a result of your findings
- Ability to work with partners and data from product management, design, engineering, and analytics to help teams find answers and generate revelatory insights
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- Support the UX team with building Prototypes
- Ability to drive research programs with proven leadership skills
- 8+ years of experience conducting or leading design research and user testing efforts
- High level portfolio demonstrating past work experience and research deliverables that resulted in product and/or business impact
- 2+ years of management experience
- Degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Information Architecture, Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working in the financial industry
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district.
Launched in 2018, SIMON helps financial advisors build the portfolio of tomorrow by giving them access to more investment opportunities. The SIMON platform offers a marketplace for risk-managed and alternative solutions, including structured investments, annuities, and traditional and progressive alternatives. With education and analytics breaking down the complexity inherent in these products, and a centralized workflow for lifecycle management, financial advisors can learn, transact, and manage client portfolios with confidence.
Over 100,000 financial professionals with $5 trillion in combined client assets turn to SIMON to stay ahead in an ever-evolving investment landscape. SIMON is an independently operating fintech company with backing from market participants Barclays, Citi, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo, and growth equity firm WestCap. To learn more about SIMON, visit www.simon.io and follow the company on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Securities products and services offered by SIMON Markets LLC, a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, Member FINRA / SIPC. Annuities and insurance services provided by SIMON Annuities and Insurance Services LLC.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our frontend team is building our web presence using React and Redux along with some sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, ZIO, Postgres, MongoDB and other open-source technologies to build micro-services that power our platform and enable user workflows. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen
To apply for this job please visit simon.io.