The Junior Trader is an integral part of the Asset and Derivatives Trading teams and will report directly to the Head of Trading. In this role, you will have exposure to Investment Grade Corporate, High Yield Corporate, Structured Assets and Derivatives trading. Your initial emphasis will be in Structed Assets, including CLOs and Asset-backed Securities, and Derivatives trading. While working closely with seasoned traders in these areas, you will also interface with Credit Research, Portfolio Management and Risk Management to support the larger organizational objectives. While initially learning our context, policies, procedures, and limits, in the medium term you will be expected to develop expertise in the markets and products with a long-term goal of developing value-added ideas and contributing to superior risk-adjusted returns. We are looking for candidates who are independent thinking self-starters with a passion for fixed income markets
• Trade execution and booking, adhering to all policies and limits
• Make sure that all “downstream” systems and reports are correctly reflecting positions
• Develop relationships with key market-makers
• Track broad market movements, understanding the participants that are driving changes in supply and demand and, therefore, prices
• Develop opinions on risks, rewards, and strategies
• Collaborate within and across groups
We are looking for candidates who are independent thinking self-starters with a passion for fixed income markets
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or related area(s) of study, advanced degree preferred
• Trading/Asset Management of relevant experience in Investments for an insurance company or institutional investors or relevant coursework
• Deep knowledge of financial theory to understand both the markets and our context
• Strong experience with analytical tools such as Bloomberg, BlackRock, R, Python and Excel
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Excellent teamwork
Minimum of 2- years Trading/Asset Management of relevant experience in Investments for an insurance company
Why work at Genworth:
• We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
• We work on challenging and rewarding projects
• We give back to the communities where we live
• We offer competitive benefits including:
o Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
o Unlimited Choice Time off
o 12 Paid Holidays
o 40 hours of volunteer time off
o 401K Account with matching contributions
o Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
o Paid Family Leave
o Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long-term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
Led by our Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Department manages a consolidated investment portfolio of nearly $75 billion and consists of investment professionals focused on portfolio management, risk management, asset management, derivatives, operations, finance, and accounting functions.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
To apply for this job please visit gnw.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.