Website Jackson National Asset Management
Supervises the pricing group to ensure accurate, efficient and timely execution of the pricing and valuation function. Assists the manager in oversight, training, mentoring and development of staff. Responsible for providing accurate valuation of all securities held in portfolios and validating any significant market value movements. Prepares periodic and select reports as required. Identifies and makes recommendations for process improvements.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Supervises the pricing function. Oversees staff and ensures accurate, efficient and timely execution of the pricing and valuation function.
· Acts as the primary liaison for valuation-related communications with key data vendors and third party clients.
· Prepares and reviews monthly and quarterly board material.
· Prepares and presents monthly Valuation Committee meeting.
· Mentors employees and provides guidance on how to resolve issues.
· Conducts periodic and semi-annual performance reviews for junior staff.
· Lead the department’s training initiatives specific to pricing and fair valuation.
· Attends JNAM Risk Committee meetings and serves as the primary liaison between the department and the JNAM Risk Committee.
· Evaluates, redesigns and implements department processes to ensure strong internal controls.
· Accurate and timely submission of prices for all securities into the accounting system.
· Researches and validates all significant market value movements and provides appropriate support.
· Oversees the set-up and proper valuation of all newly created derivative positions (including interest rate swaps, swaptions, credit default swaps, OTC options, etc.)
· Coordinates active communication with brokers, sub-advisors and vendors to ensure consistent and accurate pricing.
· Analyzes the pricing process and related systems to determine ways to increase operational efficiencies.
· Answers inquiries from accounting staff and management on pricing, sub-adviser reconciliation, and security set up issues.
· Creates various daily and month-end reports.
· Conducts effective analysis and interpretation of market events.
· Formulates new and evaluate existing pricing policies and guidelines recommendation to the Pricing Committee.
· Recommends appropriate security fair valuation recommendations to the Pricing Committee.
· Executes secondary review and oversight of the daily pricing process performed by staff which includes vendor prices challenges of questionable securities prices and fair value analysis ensuring appropriate valuation of portfolio securities used in the calculation of the Funds’ NAV.
· Creates fair value and SFAS 157 (Topic 820) documentation for review by the Pricing Manager and the Pricing Committee.
· Assists the Pricing Manager with all pricing inquiries made by the Funds’ auditors.
· Prepares, compiles and reviews reports for monthly Pricing Committee and quarterly Funds Trustees’ meetings.
· Researches and resolves ad hoc requests from management and other departments.
· Attends on-site annual due diligence reviews of pricing vendors and other valuation industry conferences, if needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Excellent knowledge of financial markets and complex equity, fixed income and derivative securities.
· Solid understanding of accounting principles and procedures.
· Excellent PC skills including MS Word, Access, Excel and other relevant department software.
· Must be detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize work to meet stringent deadlines without sacrificing quality in a fast-paced atmosphere.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to train and supervise employees.
· Demonstrate consistent and sound judgment.
· Knowledge of industry trends and regulation pertaining to the pricing and valuation of portfolio securities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance. required.
· Master’s Degree Finance or Business, or CFA certification preferred.
· 5+ years work of prior fund or investment accounting experience required.
· 5+ years public accounting experience in the financial services arena required.
· Comprehensive SunGard Enterprise experience preferred.
· Comprehensive Bloomberg experience preferred.
· Minimum travel required.
· CFA, CPA or Bloomberg preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.