Job Title: Director of Research (Public Policy)
Reports to: Head of Research
Location: New York (Hybrid)
The Director of Research will be responsible for conducting and writing research on key issues and trends in over-the-counter derivatives markets. Some of the research areas include ESG derivatives, digital regulatory reporting, derivatives in emerging markets, derivatives clearing and trading, margin, transition from LIBOR to risk-free rates, market regulations and market structure.
The person will be located in New York and will report to the Head of Research.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct and publish research and surveys on key issues and trends in over-the-counter derivatives markets.
- Collaborate on research projects with to Public Policy and other ISDA teams
- Engage in ISDA educational efforts by speaking at the conferences
- Build relationships with research professional at other trade groups, think tanks and regulators
- Provide research support to other ISDA teams on various projects to strengthen fact-based advocacy efforts
- Collect and analyse data from outside sources and internal database
- Manage projects to improve and expand ISDA SwapsInfo website
- Bachelor’s degree; CFA or MBA is preferred
Skills and competencies
- Professional writing experience: crafting research notes, developing industry reports, etc.
- Solid quantitative and qualitative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent critical thinking
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; solid relationship-building and listening skills
- Ability to leverage industry contacts as well as your network of key relationships within investment and trading community including banks, asset managers, asset owners, consultants, and traders
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Five to seven years of experience with a research background in derivatives, fixed income, or credit
Since 1985, ISDA has worked to make the global derivatives markets safer and more efficient. Today, ISDA has more than 980 member institutions from 78 countries. These members comprise a broad range of derivatives market participants, including corporations, investment managers, government and supranational entities, insurance companies, energy and commodities firms, and international and regional banks. In addition to market participants, members also include key components of the derivatives market infrastructure, such as exchanges, intermediaries, clearing houses and repositories, as well as law firms, accounting firms and other service providers. Information about ISDA and its activities is available on the Association’s website: https://www.isda.org/ . Follow us on Twitter @ISDA.
ISDA offers a great work environment, with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
- Retirement – with employer match
- Life, disability, and accident insurance
- Medical, dental and vision coverage offered at little to no cost to employees and dependents
- Generous paid time off
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Pre and post-tax commuter spending accounts
- Education – ISDA offers a yearly training calendar across all offices
- Flexible working policy
- Company and office social event
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org