As a Barclays (VP) you will be working collaboratively with others across Barclays Internal Audit (BIA), while developing strong client relationships which are independent and be seen as a respected voice. You will be working with the team to support the delivery of BIA Audit Plan. BIA provides independent, reliable, and timely assurance to the Board and executive management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Guiding, reviewing and approving work carried out on audit assignments to ensure the scope of work is appropriate, controls are correctly identified, assessed and carried out
• Performing and reviewing issues validation test procedures
• Independently engaging with clients and stakeholders to seek clarification of exceptions found by the audit team, raising issues where appropriate
• Producing concise and insightful commentary and information for BIA wide reporting as well as for reporting provided to regulators
• Collaborating and supporting the Director to define the appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan
• Delivering a view on the effectiveness of controls to the relevant BIA Director/Managing Director (MD) and the business
• Contributing committee reporting for group and legal entities as well as contributing business unit specific content
• Auditing, reporting and propose pragmatic remediation actions, relevant to the issues raised by BIA
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
• Great combined experience auditing in a financial services organization, public accounting or industry and experience in relevant field
• Knowledge of new and emerging financial products and services and understanding of risk assessment and control
• Previous experience with data analytics and/or coding such as Python, SQL and other data science/machine learning techniques
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Relevant professional qualifications/certifications such as CPA, CFA, CISA will be beneficial
• Practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment and experience of driving audit strategy is desirable but not essential
• Experience in leadership and managing others will be a plus
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.