Website S&P Global Inc.
S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Role: Executive Director – Insurance – Client Coverage, North America
The Location: (US Virtual or Office in NYC or Chicago)
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 14
The Team: The North American Client Coverage team are a critical part of our Commercial Group responsible for sales/licensing of intellectual property and index data of S&P Dow Jones Indices. Additional responsibilities include establishing and building strong relationships with clients, prospecting for new index customers and managing/expanding the commercial footprint of S&P Dow Jones Indices within their prescribed territory. S&P DJI maintains relationships with investment banks, asset managers, ETF issuers, market data consumers and redistributors, insurance companies, proprietary trading firms, exchanges and other key market participants who rely upon our world-renowned indices, research, and commentary.
The Impact: As a director in client coverage you are generating the revenue which is the fuel for our growth. You help our clients solve problems by intimately knowing how they differentiate their offerings to their clients. You help them understand our capabilities and where to apply our solutions, and you direct them to our collaborative approach to the design of index solutions across asset classes. You lead our insurance group and practice as an entrepreneur seeking to proactively expand our market share with insurance carriers in all of their index-linked product areas, with a focus on fixed index annuities, registered index-linked annuities, and indexed universal life. Your group is a combined team of marketing, sales specialist and channel people who augment your client coverage team to address the full product lifecycle from pitch to negotiation to launch, with post-launch support that can help accelerate product growth. Your team establishes a close and collaborative partnership with S&P DJI’s product team to provide innovative solutions capable of increasing our revenue and our margins in insurance licensing.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of an innovative and growing firm with a well-established brand and compelling intellectual property and data offering
- Join a proactive and fast-paced team within an area of S&P DJI poised for further growth with a commitment for further investment.
- Lead and develop sales team and sales support team members in the implementation of a North American insurance strategy.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with insurance industry leaders while partnering with our bank client coverage team to work with some of the most innovative investment banks structuring teams seeking to hedge insurance carrier risk.
- Own important revenue growth and new product adoption metrics for insurance opportunities in our largest global sales region.
- Capture “voice of the customer and critical competitive information that directs and enables the design of the next generation of multi-asset index solutions.
- Sit at the forefront of innovation in indexing for life and annuity product design
- Drive adoption of multi-asset indexing and other innovative index strategies in the Insurance space helping us defend our position as the index leader in the field.
- Uncover and encourage adoption of differentiated strategies in insurance such as factors, thematics, and sustainability
- Learn and develop advanced skills in partnership development and intellectual property deal structuring and negotiation.
- Lead and inspire your team and group
- Meet annual individual sales targets, team milestones, and KPIs.
- Use CRM systems and team developed documentation such as go to market plans for products and client dossiers to expand our pipeline generate new opportunities and drive a high closure rate.
- Ensure the team is trained and proficient on product development, pricing and actuarial considerations, product positioning, and our competitive position in the different index based annuity segments
- Manage and direct complex contract negotiation and execution; develop usage rights and appropriate commercial terms; collaborate with internal stakeholders (legal, product management, research, etc.) to deliver value to the company and our clients.
- Work with sales specialist and product management teams to establish S&P DJI across the life and annuity ecosystem; provide a comprehensive offering of index solutions to insurance carriers through collaboration and strategic partnerships with clients from other verticals that provide services to life and annuity issuers (e.g., hedging and distribution)
- Periodically brief S&P DJI or SPGI leadership on licensing activity and competitive landscape in the life and annuity market.
- Execute and continuously refine a business plan for index licensing for Insurance in North America to:
- Strategically manage, grow, and expand our market share, revenue, and profitability
- Embed S&P DJI indices in the product design process of investment banks, insurance carriers, and insurance product design groups
- Increase the number of our strategic partnerships and our market share with existing partnerships. Prospect for new licensees with focus and energy by identifying key decision makers and influencers and building relationships with them.
- Protect existing market share and revenue from the insurance industry by collaboratively developing plans to support and service existing products.
- Influence the insurance industry. Travel frequently to meet with clients and attend industry events throughout the United States and Canada to build customer relationships and communicate our innovative products and capabilities
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven leader in applying product knowledge, product design, and industry input to increase and differentiate our index licensing.
- Demonstrates results oriented behaviors and actions related to agility, accountability, commitment, grit, and customer focus
- Brings established relationships with insurance firms, investment banks, and insurance marketing organizations
- Fluency in fixed index annuities, registered index-linked annuities, indexed universal life insurance, variable annuities and other insurance products and structures based on or credited with indices.
- Experienced and able to demonstrate success in long cycle and abstract/conceptual sales, complex contract negotiation & intellectual property sales
- Knowledge of the product ecosystem, decision making protocol, roles played by and relationships with various intermediaries (i-banks, IMOs, and insurance carrier product, actuary, and hedging teams) so that you know who to influence and win to S&P DJI ideas and approaches.
- Effective client communication skills in conversational speech, writing, and public speaking; and a personable attitude required to get things done within a matrix structure.
- Team player able to bring together all S&P Dow Jones Indices’ resources in Product Management, Marketing, Channel, and Sales Specialist team to address client problems and opportunities. Specifically able to understand product ideas discussed with clients and bring in our PM experience to collaborate and design and then to educationally promote with marketing and channel teammates.
- Skilled in combining longer-term strategic thinking with a hands-on, proactive approach to achieving nearer-term results.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and CFA certification holders considered favorably
- 7-10 years experience in commercial roles in financial services demonstrating drive, grit, integrity, teamwork, and a strong will to win.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work:
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $190,000 to $260,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Dow Jones Indices provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
102 – Senior Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 – Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), SLSGRP102 – Senior Management (EEO Job Group)
To apply for this job please visit spgi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.