ICE is a global data and technology company that designs, builds
The New York Stock Exchange, a subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (ICE) presents an opportunity for a full-time Enforcement Counsel in NYSE Regulation. This individual’s primary responsibility is to support the integrity of our markets and protect investors by investigating and prosecuting violations of the exchanges’ rules and the federal securities laws. We are looking for a litigator with significant experience/interest in trading and markets to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Enforcement Counsel will have responsibility for investigating, resolving, and litigating (before an administrative tribunal) a wide-variety of matters relating to trading on the NYSE’s equities and options exchanges. Cases can involve trading that may be manipulative, violates just and equitable principles of trade, is contrary to the Exchange Act, is not reasonably supervised, or otherwise adversely impacts the quality of our markets. It is expected that counsel will manage their own case load and take responsibility for all aspects of their matters from beginning to end.
Knowledge and Experience
– A J.D. degree and admission to (or ability to obtain admission to) the New York bar is required.
– Candidates should have three or more years of strong litigation experience.
– Experience working on securities cases and investigations generally, and on matters involving trading/markets in particular, is highly desirable.
– Extensive knowledge of securities laws and rules.
– Strong knowledge of trading and markets.
– Ability to manage several matters at once.
– Desire to handle cases from beginning to end.
– Good judgment.
– Strong work ethic.
– Strong team collaboration skills.
– Ability to work well under pressure.
– Flexibility/willingness to assist others on the team.
– Interest in promoting market integrity.
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.intercontinentalexchange.com.