Secfi is trusted by thousands of startup employees for equity planning and financing. We’re the first to provide a proprietary suite of equity planning tools, 1:1 guidance with licensed equity strategists and a set of financing products that enable employees to own a stake in the company they helped build. We also provide company-wide education for startups at all stages to help their team make the best decision for their own situation. Currently, we have worked with employees from more than 80% of all U.S. unicorns.
Working for a startup is like building a plane already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Our core values — customer focus, perseverance, action, ownership, diversity and team — are embedded in everything we do.
Secfi generates revenue by providing unique and win-win financing to shareholders to get them liquidity without selling their private company stock and option holders with financing to help them pay for their option exercise cost and associated taxes. Behind the scenes we (co-) manage large institutional funds and build diversified portfolios in the same unicorns. Secfi is growing rapidly. On our online platform startup employees and executives use our planning suite to manage their equity. This has grown from $3bn of equity in 2019 to $10bn in 2020 and we are on our way to help manage more than $30bn of equity in 2021. We have offices in Amsterdam and San Francisco and will be opening New York soon, looking to double the team by the end of this year.
The Capital Markets & Investments team sits at the core of our business and fuels our whole operation by sourcing and channeling the capital and rates to finance Secfi’s customers. As the leader of the team you will define, drive and execute the strategy to ensure diversified pools of capital are available to ensure the most competitive rates for our customers. Finding win/win solutions to meet investor’s & clients’ needs and building trust, are critical to be successful.
An entrepreneurial, creative mindset and a “get-it-done” attitude are a must. You will need to have a deep understanding of the market in which Secfi operates, the customers’ and clients’ needs and think out of the box, landing on solutions that are scalable, compliant and make economic and strategic sense.
- Solidify and strengthen Secfi’s capital market presence, take control of our funding needs, and build relationships with existing and future investors. Expand our network of investors to groups including: family offices, high-net-worth investors and potential strategic partners.
- Handle negotiations with capital partners to determine funding vehicles, as well as economics and deal terms to ensure we have the appropriate funding outlets to facilitate rapid growth. Develop new financing products and fund structures.
- Build a solid and reliable network of US capital partners to ensure viability and proper risk distribution of our business. Diversify capital providers for different product types, matching the desired risk/reward trade offs. Set up our IR efforts.
- Build innovative, data-driven ways of valuing private companies, and present and defend investment decisions for the Investment Committee.
- Be a leader for the team and a partner to Legal, Product, Sales and Compliance teams to ensure cross-collaboration to drive capital market strategies successfully.
What we’re looking for
- 12+ years of applicable Finance experience, with 5+ years in Capital Markets
- Deep experience and understanding of derivatives, debt, equity products as well as alternatives. Portfolio and risk management experience
- Desire to learn more about private (Tech) company markets and valuations; bonus if you already have an understanding of these and/or equity compensation
- Existing network with capital providers and investors across the US
- Track record that demonstrates success in account coverage, marketing and sales of investment products
- Strong project management skills, with a demonstrable record of driving transactions to a successful close (including integration, due diligence, legal, etc.)
- Strategic thinking capabilities backed by strong analytical skills with high technical proficiency in financial modeling
- Proven track record in building and managing high-functioning teams
- Self starter who can learn quickly and has a “get it done” attitude
- Experience working in high growth start-up companies or fintech
- Experience working in an institutional account management, sales or institutional portfolio management capacity
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks, and team events
- Customized workstation
- Great work environment designed to help your professional growth
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.