Website Jackson National Life Insurance Company
Overview of JNAM
Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson) offers products, tools, and support designed to help Americans plan for a retirement with purpose. Jackson National Asset Management, LLC (JNAM) is the investment manager responsible for selecting and monitoring the asset managers of the JNL Funds – a series of proprietary mutual funds that facilitates investment freedom for contract owners within the Jackson variable annuity platform. JNAM is also responsible for providing accounting and administrative services for the Funds. In addition, JNAM directly manages several risk-based multi-strategy fund-of-fund offerings available exclusively through Jackson products.
Working at JNAM
At JNAM, we pursue individuals who exhibit dedication and willingness to learn in a high performing culture. We encourage collaboration and give our associates and leaders the freedom to speak openly and share new ideas. Our values guide our internal conduct and help define meaningful internal and external relationships. We attract and retain talent who believe in our culture and take ownership in delivering results.
As one of Chicago’s largest money managers, and a top 15 mutual fund complex in the US, working at JNAM provides the opportunity to work with complex investment offerings and well-known investment management firms. Our investment partners are selected and monitored through a rigorous due diligence process focused on performance, repeatability, operations, oversight, and fit.
We firmly believe in the “One Jackson” approach: working closely with our parent company and other affiliates to achieve financial goals, while also recognizing our strength lies in the people we employ and communities we serve.
We value our people:
- Fair pay, pay-for-performance, and competitive benefits
- Talent development
- D&I: Business Resource Associate Groups (BRAGs)
- Emotional well-being
- Financial wellness
We value our community:
- Charitable giving to communities
- Financial education
- Associate volunteerism and giving
The Financial Reporting Analyst I’s primary responsibility is to participate in the preparation of annual, semi annual and quarterly financial reports. This team member is involved in compiling the Schedule of Investments, preparing financial statements and reconciling information to accounting sources.
- Prepare mutual fund financial statements and Schedules of Investments.
- Prepare manager commentary for the annual reports.
- Prepare monthly regulatory reporting.
- Resolve management and auditor review comments.
- Update department process documentation.
- Assist with development and implementation of new team processes.
- Develop knowledge of securities industry and mutual fund accounting.
- Develop knowledge of GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements.
- Prepare financial related information required in the annual prospectus.
- Assist with various team projects as required.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting principles.
- Interest in a career in financial services.
- Predisposition to check his or her work to deliver a complete and accurate work product.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and data base and information systems.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent multitasking, organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Works independently, but also works well in a team environment.
- Committed to meeting team deadlines and working within tight time constraints.
- Ability to work beyond standard hours as required during peak periods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- 0 – 1 years of experience required.
We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Jackson is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The Company subscribes to and endorses federal and state laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, legally-recognized disability, marital status, legally-protected medical condition, citizenship, ancestry, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other factor not related to the needs of the job. The Company is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Company facilities and campuses are tobacco-free environments.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.