As a Barclays Equities PC Valuations team member you will ensure that the firm’s equity derivative portfolio is appropriately valued. This will be based on a combination of analysis of market data inputs and review and assessment of the pricing models and methodologies used at both a portfolio and individual trade level.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Price testing to various market data and pricing inputs and/ or model outputs for fair value positions within equity derivative business
• Calculation of applicable fair value and Additional Valuation Adjustments for fair value positions
• Review of methodologies for specific equity derivative products covered
• Review new models from valuation perspective to provide approval as part of the model validation process
• Investigation of pricing/ model uncertainty in methodology and parameters used, testing model calibration employed
• Liaising with product control, risk management and quantitative departments on valuation and modelling issues
• Discussion, reporting and escalation of price testing results, fair value and model reserves, general modelling issues/ uncertainties with front office and senior management
• Significant involvement in regional and global ad hoc projects/ investigation
What we’re looking for:
• Solid financial product and market knowledge, with previous experience with equity derivatives in a valuations or risk management role
• Experience and proven track record in dealing with junior and senior members of Front office, Line Product Control and Risk management teams across various locations
• Proactive and assertive attitude in identifying control or valuation concerns, challenging the Business and driving control improvement for their area
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent communication skills and ability to present/ explain complex issues in simple terms with stakeholders from Trading, Finance, market Risk and IT across different levels
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize own request
• Proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Python or other automation tools), market data terminals Bloomberg/ Reuters and other vendor pricing sources
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.