Website CME Group
CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
We are looking for a Global Director of Corporate Communications who will drive innovative strategies to tell the story of CME Group as a financial technology leader – and promote how our IT, data, clearing and analytics capabilities benefit our clients and shape the global economy.
The Director, Corporate Communications will help develop and manage strategic communication and public relations activities and will work with senior management, product marketing and the broader corporate marketing and communications team in North America, Europe and Asia to develop positioning strategies designed to enhance and protect the CME Group brand globally.
- Strategic Communications Planning & Program Management – Work closely with technology, data, clearing and CSR teams to develop public relations strategies, including messaging, media relations, social media, issues management, materials, budgets and resource allocation to promote the company’s technology services.
- Strategic Communication Counsel – Advise corporate executives and product team members on best way to communicate major corporate news (social media, product launches, geographic expansions, etc.), as well as on the use of strategic communications to navigate potential issues and crises in the press or with other external stakeholders. Provide guidance to executives with regard to communications training, storylines and media strategy with top-tier press, bloggers and analysts.
- Content Creation – Write and distribute press releases, bios, fact sheets, backgrounders, talking points for print, broadcast and other media as well as panel presentations, speeches and bylines; identify storylines and trends; develop and extend media pitches; creative content development, including blogs, infographics and etc.
- Corporate Spokesperson/Media Relations – Serve as company spokesperson; build and maintain strong relations with technology, financial and corporate press worldwide; create and contribute to message development initiatives.
- Corporate Reputation Management – Work across all communications channels to help CME Group shape the perceptions of customers, prospects, press/bloggers and analysts within academic, business, commodities, and public policy communities domestically and internationally.
Work Product Samples
Candidate must submit writing samples demonstrating message development and briefing documents for both print and broadcast interviews. Please include Social/Digital Media
10+ years’ experience in corporate communications role, including 3-5 years in financial technology or markets
• Extensive planning, writing, editing and content production experience across all dimensions of corporate communications for a broad variety of channels.
• Strong writing and editing skills using different styles to best reflect stakeholder, audience, and message; ability to explain complex or technical concepts in an easily understandable format.
• Strong project management skills with an ability to manage and execute multiple programs and tasks with accuracy and efficiency under tight deadlines.
• Highly collaborative with colleagues; serve as a champion for internal and external stakeholders/customers through creative ideation, communications solutions and implementation to meet business objectives.
• Extensive media relations expertise and proven experience as a company spokesperson with an established network of media contacts; significant experience in securing brand-building press coverage.
Experience with Meltwater (tracking PR analytics and creating dashboards, etc.) a plus
Bachelor’s Degree: Communications/ Journalism/Marketing Required
Masters/ Advanced Degree preferred
Skills & Software Requirements:
MSFT Office suite of programs (PowerPoint)
Web and social media savvy; proven experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social applications for business purposes
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cmegroup.com.