Website CME Group
CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Group Foundation (the Foundation) was created in 2008 and endowed with a gift of $16 million from the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Trust (CME Trust). Additionally, CME Trust makes annual contributions to CME Group Foundation to support its grantmaking. Combined assets of CME Trust and CME Group Foundation currently total $118 million. The 2021 grant budget is $6 million.
CME Group Foundation strives to empower future generations through education, equipping today’s students to meet tomorrow’s challenges. They will shape the future of the world’s most important industries – including our own – so we give them the tools they need to achieve their full potential, including:
- Ensuring disadvantaged young children are kindergarten ready as measured by the KIDS assessment;
- Providing low-income K-12 students with computer science and financial education;
- Using technology to personalize learning and improve outcomes for disadvantaged students; and
- Helping low income students succeed in college and career.
The Foundation supports transformative solutions that promote real, measurable impact by:
- Increasing exposure to skills essential for future academic success;
- Developing new programs, and research and development;
- Empowering partners to bring innovative programming to Illinois – often as the first corporate investor; and
- Beyond funding, the Foundation facilitates collaboration by encouraging partners to find creative ways to support tomorrow’s classroom.
CME Group Foundation strategies include:
- Achieving impact through narrowly focused priorities so limited grants dollars aren’t diluted;
- Achieving impact through large, multi-year commitments to organizations with track records of success in Foundation priority areas;
- Leveraging Foundation grants for thought leadership and visibility;
- Maintaining flexibility to make small investments in new organizations and programs to gauge their potential; and
- Responding to Board/Trustee interests through Special Opportunities funds.
The Director of CME Group Foundation and CME Trust, under the direction of the Trustees/ Board of Directors, provides overall leadership and supervision for the daily operations of the Foundation and Trust including strategic direction, program development, operations, financial management, personnel management, and external and community relations.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Governance, Board Administration and Support: With the Board/Trustees, enables the Foundation and Trust to fulfill its governance function.
- Financial and Legal: In consultation with the Board/Trustees, communicates actions and decisions made with the investment advisor, and the Finance and Legal teams regarding the investment portfolio, regulatory compliance and governance of the Foundation and Trust to ensure their operations under applicable laws and regulations.
- Program Development and Operations: Responsible for implementing the Foundation’s mission and its annual grantmaking goals within Board-approved guidelines.
- Administrative Management: Supervises day-to-day operations of the Foundation and Trust, supervises the administrative assistant.
- External and Community Relations: Assures the Foundation and its mission is consistently presented in strong, positive images to relevant stakeholders.
Candidate qualifications should include:
- Demonstrated interest in early childhood, K-12 and post-secondary education, expertise in at least one of these areas.
- Senior-level managerial experience with proven ability to strategically lead and manage an organization.
- Relevant leadership experience in the philanthropic, public or business sectors.
- Experience in or knowledge of Illinois and Chicago with an appreciation for their underserved communities.
- Strong track record as a motivator, collaborator, innovator and builder of partnerships.
- Experience in conceiving, analyzing, implementing and evaluating program initiatives in relevant fields.
- An ability to communicate effectively and openly, verbally and in writing, with a broad range of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to secure the trust and confidence of Board members, internal and external colleagues and grantees.
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal, financial and ethical requirements of private foundations.
- Experience with strategic planning, financial management and program operations.
- Willingness to travel locally and nationally.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cmegroup.com.