Website CME Group
CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace in six major asset classes. The Financial Research and New Product Development (Fin RPD) team develops and builds a broad array of products and services on Equity Index, FX , Interest Rate Derivatives and BrokerTec securities trading.
The Equity RPD team focuses on creating new innovative products on key global benchmarks such as the S&P 500, Nasdaq, Dow, Russell, Nikkei and Topix. As well as Alternative Investment Products including cryptocurrency futures and options; , and development of advanced data and analytics including recent launches of 11 new crypto indexes and CME Term SOFR that now underlies nearly $2 billion of loans.
This is one of the most exciting times to join Fin RPD. The Equity and Alternative Investment Product markets are undergoing multigenerational changes. Focus on more specific equity sector offerings has witnessed a growth in needs for clients to manage specific equity index expressions. The requirement for more specific hedging has further increased demand for our option products and especially longer dated expiries. More complex products have driven the need for unique total return and dividend futures. We also have grown our ESG products materially which has resulted in new trading for clients in North America and Europe.
CME is a recognized leader in the management of cryptocurrency exposures though our futures and options offering. Institutional demand continues to drive the need for additional products and services.
CME Group is currently looking for a director of Equity Research & Product Development team in New York or Chicago. The Dir Equity Res & Prod Dev researches, designs and develops new product opportunities related to the exchange traded and over-the-counter (OTC) market(s). In this role, the individual will also identify viable product extensions to expand the product offering (s) and meet client needs.
In addition to the launch of new products, Fin RPD plays a significant role in the generation of relevant and impactful content to support these offerings for our global client base. Across Fin RPD, the team produces multiple publications a month to highlight industry trends and changes, product development, important increases in trading activity, and valuable insights to help clients manage their investments and risk exposures. The production of content continues to grow in important ways such as deep data insight and analysis, powerful visualizations, and video content all while highlighting valuable connections between CME product construction and market activity.
This role requires a passion for business strategy and problem solving, a strong familiarity with financial markets and an interest in derivatives, and excellent communications skills.
- Develop and launch new products into viable, working markets by actively engaging externally with market participants, regulatory authorities, and/or third party data providers
- Lead internal coordination of launch efforts through close collaboration with Financial & OTC Product Business Line Management, Legal & Market Regulation, Client Development & Services, Operations, Clearing, Corporate Communications, and Marketing.
- Be expert in option strategies and structures and continue to grow this area for our Equity and Cryptocurrency products and services.
- Research and design new exchange traded and OTC products in assigned product line(s) or market region.
- Perform due diligence on prospective new product concepts and prospective extensions of extant product offerings.
- Perform routine and ad-hoc analysis, as needed, to ensure existing products continue to meet regulatory requirements. Play a leading role in monitoring and keeping abreast of global regulatory changes and developments, with special attention to potential impacts upon the exchange’s products and markets.
- Propose necessary product and rule modifications where required and gain internal approvals.
- Work with the R&PD team to maintain viability of existing products by evaluating the impact of market trends, engaging with clients to gain insight and feedback, and complete maintenance activities on existing products. Identify and design viable product extensions.
- Leverage his/her network to solicit feedback from industry participants, regulators, data providers, etc. through trade calls, surveys, industry events, trade shows and conferences. Report back intelligence gathered to relevant stakeholders through CME Group’s customer relationship management tool.
- Provide marketing support by supplying data, analysis, and authoring product related materials. Prepare and deliver product presentations and educational outreach. Prepare and deliver industry recognized content to support our clients and product
- Lead the junior members of the team to educate and steward their career in the team.
- Graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or related fields.
- 3-5 years working in the Equity derivatives industry with focus on listed and structured equity derivatives preferred.
- Be expert in option strategies and structures
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- A portfolio of written content, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to display key findings in a succinct manner.
- Deep industry networks.
- A proven history of working in a team environment.
- Ability to work from either CME Group’s Chicago or New York office.
- Proficiency in Python helpful.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cmegroup.com.