Website S&P Global Inc.
S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Role: Director, Derivatives Indices, Multi-Asset Product Management
The Location: New York, NY or Chicago, IL
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 13
S&P Dow Jones Indices (S&P DJI) is the world’s leading resource for benchmarks and investable indices. Our solutions are widely considered indispensable in tracking market performance, evaluating portfolios, and developing investment strategies.
Focused on developing solutions for a broad range of clients, Multi-Asset Product Management is one of the fastest growing business lines at S&P DJI. The Multi-Asset Product Management team is responsible for the P&L of outcome-oriented index solutions such as managed volatility, VIX, options strategies, retirement, dynamic allocation, and liquid alternatives. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding product team in a growth stage.
The team is seeking a Director to support and promote our derivatives-based multi-asset indices product suite globally. The Director will play a key role in developing new products, including focused work on overseeing the VIX and options strategy product families, as well as the use of options in multi-asset strategies.
The Director will also help develop, shape, and execute the equity derivatives business strategy working alongside other product and commercial teams. This is a highly technical role, but also requires effective collaboration skills while having a commercial focused on maximizing P&L mindset to be successful.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to be a global spokesperson for the world’s most prominent and important derivative indices
- Learn how indices are key components of the investment management industry, acting as the basis of the largest and most successful ETFs and mutual funds
- High visibility to senior leaders within our organization and with our key clients
- A challenging but rewarding role that requires collaboration with a wide range of internal teams
- A high degree of variety where no two days are the same
- Create product strategies, in particular development of incorporating options and derivatives into multi-asset strategies, develop product positioning, and help drive the commercial success of our franchise
- Act as a global brand ambassador and spokesperson for the derivatives index franchise
- Collaborate with key derivatives exchange partners
- Partner with client coverage, channel management, capital markets and marketing teams to strengthen our relationships with all client types
- Be a subject matter expert on index methodologies
- Promote our indices via webinars, conferences, media appearances, and client meetings
- Publish thought leadership including presentations, papers, blogs, index analysis, and commentary
- Oversee the new index launch process
- Collaborate with a wide range of internal teams including research & design, client experience, governance, index management and production group, and communications
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of experience working with derivatives in the index industry, structuring desk at a bank, or related
- Experienced people leader. Willing and able to assume responsibility for managing and developing product talent across asset classes and geographies
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in mathematics, finance, or a related field
- Proven track record in product development and/or research
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and presenting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Entrepreneurial mindset with willingness to roll up the sleeves and execute
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Progress towards, or obtained a CFA charter
- Programming skills (Python, R, Matlab)
- Knowledge of analytical platforms such as FactSet, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MSCI / Barra, or Axioma
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $160,000 to $225,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Dow Jones Indices provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 – Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV103.2 – Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
To apply for this job please visit spgi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.