Website Intercontinental Exchange
Derivatives Sales Specialists work on the Derivatives and Portfolio Analytics Sales team, positioning ICE as the market leader in providing Derivatives Data, Valuations & Analytics solutions to investment banks, asset managers and hedge funds, as well as HFAs/Custodians, Accountants, Corporations and Corporate Treasurers. It is quota bearing and encompasses a variety of sales and business development activities aimed at increasing the breadth of clientele in this business area.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, be determined and persistent in their approach and have the capacity to thrive as a role-player in a dynamic, team-selling environment.
The primary function is new business development, which includes both prospecting for new leads, as well as qualifying and managing incoming leads from elsewhere within the IDS Sales and Marketing Organization. In aid of this, Sales Specialists actively engage with clients to understand their requirements and challenges, articulate how IDD’s solutions serve their, and work hand in hand with relevant internal teams to advance all aspects of the sales cycle, from proposal to contract.
- Generate new business by identifying and prospecting new logos, as well upselling and cross selling into existing clients across the ICE network
- Perform warm calls to existing clients as well as cold calls to prospects
- Conduct outreach, both remote and on-site, providing professional advice to clients, and promoting the value proposition of ICE products and services
- Position and demonstrate ICE products and services with the overall objective to grow revenue and ensure ICE maintains a dominant position in their respective markets
- Develop and nurture a network of client relationships
- Garner a deep understanding of organizational groups and business priorities of assigned accounts
- Collaborate with sales, account management and inside sales to identify opportunities and deliver value-added solutions to enhance our clients’ business
- Develop internal relationships across the wider ICE network, including cross-selling opportunities
- Maintain clear records of activity including CRM, Call reports, Service Requests and Monthly Activity Reports
- Will need to travel across the region on a regular basis (min once a month)
- Territory to be determined and may be subject to change
Attributes and Experience
- Sales experience of non-standardized products/services, where extended sales processes required a range of skills and interactions to close
- 3+ years of experience either working at, or facing off with, tier-1 financial institutions
- Strong market knowledge in at least one of the following asset classes, with solid familiarity in others: Commodities | Equities | Fixed Income & Interest Rates | Foreign Exchange | Credit Derivatives
- A solid understanding of what departments/desks/individual roles are within banks/funds
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills & analytical skills
- The capability to forecast and manage a monthly/quarterly pipeline
- The ability to work both collaboratively within a team environment, and independently where required
- A self-motivated, patient problem solver with a strong willingness to learn
This role offers work from home flexibility of up to 2 days per week.
Base Salary Range for New York Candidates
The expected base salary for this role is between $115,000 to $167,000 USD. The base salary range does not include Intercontinental Exchange’s rewarding and uncapped sales commission incentives. While we provide this range as general guidance, at ICE we compensate employees based on the skillset and experience of the individual.
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit egdd.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.