Website Derivative Path
About Derivative Path:
Derivative Path (“DPI”) is a private equity backed, technology focused capital markets and risk management firm that offers a best-in-class, end-user focused derivatives platform (“DerivativeEDGE” or “EDGE”) which clients can use independently for all interest rate and FX derivatives needs, front-office through back-office. We then support the technology offering with a full suite of risk solutions, execution, and support services provided by experienced capital markets professionals. We have four offices in two countries and will surpass 150 clients in 2021.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our private equity coverage team. In this role, you will be an integral part of providing risk solutions services, transaction execution services, and general client coverage support to private equity clients of DPI and their subsidiaries. You will also provide input and generate ideas for new and enhanced functionality within EDGE that will be beneficial to DPI and its clients. The ideal candidate will feel at ease working in a lean environment where their contribution is critical and valued. This is a difference making role with a high level of responsibility, input, and visibility to high profile clients of DPI.
- You are a hard worker and care about doing a good job; you take pride and ownership of your work and always strive to provide the highest level of service to clients.
- You are incredibly self-proficient and enjoy using technology to be more efficient and generate improvements in processes and results.
- You have an entrepreneurial and outgoing mindset and want to play an integral part in the success of our fast-growing business.
- You are a quick learner and thrive on having a diverse set of responsibilities.
- You are detail-oriented and have a problem-solving mindset, examining situations in detail and applying creative solutions.
- Assist in all aspects of client coverage including risk identification and analysis, hedge strategy generation, pricing and analytics, trade execution, ongoing hedge portfolio maintenance and support reporting needs, etc.
- Directly interact with private equity clients to discuss the risks at play, potential hedging solutions, hedge outcomes, etc.
- Directly interact with hedge banks and other relationship partners of clients to drive transaction processes
- Prepare client marketing materials, market updates, educational materials, etc.
- Assist in idea generation related to enhancements to EDGE and assist in testing related to enhancements which are due for future releases
- Lead internal and pre-trade / post-trade processes such as client onboarding, documentation, confirmations, valuations, etc.
- Provide ad-hoc support to senior members of the private equity team and other team members across the firm
- 2-5 years of derivatives experience at a bank or within a private equity firm focusing on derivatives and capital markets
- Prior experience pricing, analyzing, and executing FX derivatives is required; experience with interest rate derivatives and cross-currency swaps is a plus
- Experience discussing and negotiating all aspects of transaction charges including market bid/ask and XVA (bilateral CVA, funding, regulatory capital) and solid understanding of the key drivers of those transaction charges
- Experience with and understanding of private equity derivative activity, particularly fund level derivatives, is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and written skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, dynamic work environment; can manage multiple competing priorities
- Desire to increase responsibility, take on additional roles, and expand skill set over time
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly collaborative with proven ability to work with internal teammates, customers, and external vendors
- Proud of the work you do and receptive to constructive feedback
- Superior skills in Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Experience with Bloomberg as well as other derivatives pricing and risk systems
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org