Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated Credit Risk Analyst to join our Counterparty and Credit Risk team. You will help manage complex credit risks across a global client base, in a dynamic digital asset market environment. Working closely with risk professionals and product teams, your responsibilities will include underwriting counterparties, evaluating asset risks, monitoring and reporting exposures, and contributing to thought leadership to deliver lending solutions through existing and new products. This role will report to the Head of Counterparty and Credit Risk, and may be based in New York or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Perform diligence and underwriting of clients and counterparties.
- Recommend internal credit ratings and risk-based limits, and prepare written analysis substantiating your assessment.
- Analyze volatility and liquidity risks on a per-asset and portfolio basis.
- Evaluate, monitor and report potential exposures.
- Conduct periodic portfolio reviews.
- Negotiate standard industry documentation.
- Collaborate with business partners (coverage, operations, legal, etc.) to resolve complex client or product challenges.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 1-3 years hands-on credit risk management experience.
- Prior experiences covering the hedge fund or corporate sectors highly preferred.
- Interest in and basic understanding of capital markets products and documentation.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and Excel skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization; enjoy operating in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance covered at 100% for employees and 80% for dependents
- HSA plan with company seed
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- $260 monthly Commuter Benefit
- Monthly Gym Benefit
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Meals and Snacks provided onsite
- The option of getting paid in digital currency
To apply for this job please visit www.coinbase.com.