Website PPM America
The individual will join the Credit Analysis group as a member of the investment team for PPM’s core portfolios of corporate bond and loans.
- Quantitative and qualitative credit analysis of the holdings in PPM’s portfolios and research of new investment ideas;
- Preparation of written reports for new investments and ongoing monitoring of investments; Verbal presentations to senior management and other professional staff at PPM America;
- Support work for senior credit analysts on various projects, including industry research, analytics and automation of various reporting.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze companies and industries by reviewing a high volume of information – e.g., financial statements, company presentations and third party research reports – with the judgment to identify the most relevant areas for further investigation;
- Familiarity with financial statements and the ability to quickly build accurate Excel financial models;
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills with an appreciation of the value of succinct, clear writing;
- Track record of professional and academic achievement with intellectual curiosity and a passion for financial and industry analysis;
- Personal characteristics such as resourcefulness, self-motivation, discipline and comfort forming an original opinion.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Distinguished academic record with an undergraduate Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Economics is required.
- 1-3 years of post-undergraduate work experience in finance, accounting or consulting related fields is required.
- Previous work conducting original research and communicating the results in writing is preferred.
- Direct exposure to investing or credit training is preferred.
- Interest in or progression toward a CFA is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity PPM America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we base our employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, non-job related disability, pregnancy or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.