Website Chatham Financial
A leader in debt and derivative solutions
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you’ve been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We are seeking to enhance our Financial Institutions sector with a role leading regulatory and documentation advisory. This role will specialize in monitoring, researching, analyzing, and interpreting global derivatives legislation and applicable regulations that impact Financial Institution clients, helping these clients navigate the practical implications of such regulation, as well as negotiating derivative agreements and associated transactional documents that govern the relationships between our clients and their counterparties. These documents may include the Master Agreements and Schedules developed by the International Swaps & Derivatives Association (ISDA), ISDA Credit Support Annexes, trade confirmations, clearing agreements, loan agreements, and other related trade documentation.
The purpose of this role is to develop deep expertise regarding global derivatives regulation within the team and to advise our internal advisory teams and external clients on this regulation. The person filling this role would also be expected to participate in industry working groups tasked with analyzing global derivatives regulation and developing documentation solutions designed to allow market participants to comply with these regulations.
In this role you will:
- Lead a small team of regulatory advisors, guiding their professional development and managing work across the team
- Understand and proactively track global regulatory developments that impact Chatham and our clients
- Possess deep expertise on various ISDA agreements and other related documentation and negotiate market standard terms on behalf of our clients
- Advise external clients on the practical implications of derivatives regulation and applicable banking regulations related to Chatham’s services to financial institutions
- Identify and communicate industry developments and trends
- Effectively share knowledge relating to derivatives regulation and hedging documentation with internal teams and clients through training sessions, phone calls, and conference panel presentations
- Partner with Chatham’s marketing team to develop and maintain internal and external communication and content that effectively shares this subject matter expertise
- Partner with Chatham’s technology teams to maintain and enhance Chatham’s capabilities in regulatory advisory and compliance
- Partner with Chatham’s compliance team to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and/or followed for client compliance with respect to derivative regulation
- Collaborate with Regulatory Directors across sectors, thinking holistically about people, process, and technology needs across the regulatory practice in support of company-wide objectives
Serve as a regulatory subject matter expert when media opportunities arise
- The role may also include opportunities to contribute to the team in other capacities as interests and team needs align
This is an important role within the team, and individuals who perform well will be highly-valued team members across our advisory practice. The role is client facing with primary responsibility for regulatory matters concerning Financial Institutions of varying sizes and specifications. Career development opportunities involve managing cross-team processes, becoming a resident expert in regulatory advisory and trade operations, and involvement in sector-wide projects and initiatives.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a legal field is required
- Experience working with derivatives regulation, ISDA, or transaction contract review may be beneficial but is not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an understanding of how to tailor communication style to the audience
- Ability to read and understand information quickly
- Attention to detail but also an ability to synthesize information with a high-level perspective
- Critical thinking
- Organizational skills
- Systems and process orientation
- A proven track record of exceptional client service
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, employees who are client facing or have frequent travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is a client-facing, and/or role requiring travel and requires vaccination.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.