BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rates, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 1,700 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Structuring is primarily responsible for being the product managers and business developers for their asset class. They should proactively identify new business opportunities by working with salespeople, sector specialists and by visiting clients to understand client problems and develop potential solutions; understanding market developments and changes (via sales, external intel and clients) and promoting relevant opportunities and solutions; helping to disseminate information about trends and themes to salespeople in other regions. It is also their role to provide sales with support and training on pricing tools where sales owns the pricing responsibility.
The QIS Structuring team is in charge of developing and promoting to clients quantitative investment strategies based on all asset class. The strategies are generally provided through indices, and sold to retail and institutional clients in different formats : swaps, options, exchange traded instruments, funds.
Ability to work from home?
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Transversal skills :
Creativity & Innovation – Expert
Continuously identifies, proposes and implements innovative or alternative ideas ahead of others to improve topics or solve issues or problems that are multidisciplinary or cross-organisational, to improve the customer journey or the organisation, to develop new businesses or thought models.
Provides an environment that encourages innovation; leads development of new ideas that makes a difference and adds value to the company. Is open to using different forms of technology.
Analytical Ability – Expert
Objectively reviews and connects all the relevant information and associated elements related to their work, from multiple angles, and finds appropriate solutions.
Actively seeks out and monitors critical industry information and activities inside and outside the organisation and integrates this into their activities.
Handles multiple and complex reports/information sources. Is able to rapidly analyse incomplete information to enable decision-making.
Ability to develop and adapt a process – Expert
Able to develop complex processes with a high-added value to the organisation, with impact on a wide range of people/activities.
Has full knowledge and a end-to-end view of one or multiple processes.
Is recognised by their peers as a process owner/expert.
Business Skills :
Market, product and business – Continually learning and staying abreast of new market and regulatory developments and ability to transform into transaction ideas.
Business Overview – Understands the market, credit, operational, accounting, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational aspects and risks of transactions he/she manages.
Strong cross product understanding: Fixed Income and Equity products
Experience in Global Markets setup
Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good Conduct
Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and Guidelines. Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions he/ she managers
Displays dedication & prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins
Lead QIS structuring business in the Americas. Set and drive QIS strategies for Americas. Responsible for day-to-day QIS business and team operations. Ensure that short term objectives in the QIS Americas teams are clear and consistent with mid term and long term strategies.
– Accountable for all QIS structuring efforts in the Americas.
– [Strategy] Set and drive overall QIS business plan and roadmap for the Americas, working closely with relevant stakeholders in all GBLs. Lead the implementation of QIS business plan, and responsible for day-to-day QIS business and team operations in the Americas.
– [Product] Lead QIS product in the Americas, in close collaboration with QIS Structuring teams in Europe, by understanding client needs and proposing sales with products that are relevant in the market environment. Be the sponsor of the new QIS product developments handled by QIS Structuring teams in Europe, for the needs of Americas’ clients.
– [Client] Partner with the different GM sales team (Global Equities, Global Macro, and Global Credit) in close collaboration with GBL structurers in order to increase both the QIS Distribution and Institutional business in the Americas. Identify and develop new business opportunities. Specifically, organize sale push of full range of QIS products; analyze client needs and advise marketers on the most relevant solutions according to client needs; help marketers sell QIS strategies by defining the selling points and developing the commercial pitch; provide quantitative elements to demonstrate generally or on a client specific basis the strategies’ objectives; visit clients with marketers to help pitch the products and analyze client feedback.
– [Technology] Industrialize and be the sponsor of the industrialization of recurring structuring task of the QIS Americas team.
– [Risk and Control] Be aware of the trading risks linked to the products and discuss with the structuring experts and trading desks in order to ascertain the replicability of strategies, and ensure that all risk related topics (operational, legal, regulatory or conduct) are handled.
Minimum Required Qualifications
· 7-10 years in QIS Structuring with a management experience
· Experience with both institutional and distribution clients
· Experience with both technical/quant aspects and commercial aspects
· X-Asset background
· Quantitative Investment expert
· Be business-driven
· Enjoy team work, have a positive behavior and communication skills
· Be innovative, always look for opportunities
FINRA Registrations Required:
Yes – TBC
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
The expected starting salary range for this position in New York City is between $320,000 to $400,000 annually/hour. Actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com