As part of our responsibilities to our shareholders and clients, BlackRock advocates for public policies that we believe are in our shareholders’ and clients’ long-term best interests. The Global Public Policy Group supports the creation of regulatory regimes that increase financial market transparency, protect investors, and facilitate responsible growth of capital markets, while preserving consumer choice and properly balancing benefits versus implementation costs.
The responsibilities of an Associate in the Global Public Policy Group include:
- Support efforts to monitor and advocate on relevant U.S. public policy issues, with a particular focus on market structure issues.
- Support production of comment letters and public policy position papers, including drafting and editing content, tracking deadlines, and ensuring proper submission.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key policymakers, industry peers, trade associations, and other stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation of materials for meetings with policymakers, clients, and trade organizations.
- Assist in preparation of speaking remarks and PowerPoint slides for senior members of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong record of academic achievement.
- Major in public policy or political science and/or relevant legislative/public policy internship experience are a plus.
- 3-5+ years of experience in asset management preferred.
- Strong PowerPoint skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong writing and research skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing deliverables and tight deadlines.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to internal and external audiences across all levels of senior management is imperative.
- Interest in financial services regulation.
- Good judgment and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
To apply for this job please visit blackrock.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.