This role is regulated by FINRA.
As a Barclays Institutional Equity Salesperson you will be responsible for relationship management, as well as new account origination for our institutional client base. You will have the primarily responsibility for understanding the intricacies of our product in order to help our clients in the most efficient manner possible. The candidate will be communicating with traders and analysts with regard to our product offering, cross selling potential opportunities, and other relevant topics.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $125,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $170,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
· You will be maintaining relationships with existing clients and establishing relationships with new clients
· You will be selling the Equities Research, Syndicate, Cash, Derivative and Prime products to Institutional clients
· You will be generating trade ideas for clients
· You will be building strong internal relationships to foster the Equities ecosystem
· You will be interacting directly with clients and working closely with Cash sales management
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s Degree and
· 3 or more years of Financial Services experience with Equities products
· Experience with building and managing client relationships
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Good organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and communication skills and ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work in a time-sensitive, team-oriented environment
· Focused on client service as well as competitive and confident with the ability to build and foster relationships
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.