This role is regulated by FINRA.
As a Barclays Equities Sales Trader you will be responsible to facilitate execution services for our clients, and more specifically, to deliver best execution for orders along with best in class content. Additionally, -Traders are responsible for delivering products and services related to execution, including Portfolio WebBench, Swaps, Commission Share Agreements, Soft Dollar Agreements and cross-selling of other products of interest (structured products, FX, Fixed Income, Futures.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $125,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $170,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Partnering with other client facing equities teams in an effort to build strong relationships and drive an optimal client outcome
• Building out relationships with new clients to grow the Equities franchise
• Learning the Equities execution platform to be able to sell to our growing client base
• Providing product knowledge and market color to our institutional client base to provide execution consultation around their electronic order flow
• You will be focused on driving revenue through product driven sales and execution consulting for existing accounts
• Prospecting, pitch and cultivate new electronic business in partnership with other client facing teams
• Executing client orders to facilitate liquidity
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 or more years of Financial Services experience trading on an Equities platform demonstrated ability to manage client relationships, and facilitate customer trades
• Required active licenses: Series 7 and Series 63
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to make instinctive decisions based on limited information and intuitive acumen
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• Experience in financial Markets
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.