Website Jackson National Life
Overview of JNAM
Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson) offers products, tools, and support designed to help Americans plan for a retirement with purpose. Jackson National Asset Management, LLC (JNAM) is the investment manager responsible for selecting and monitoring the asset managers of the JNL Funds – a series of proprietary mutual funds that facilitates investment freedom for contract owners within the Jackson variable annuity platform. JNAM is also responsible for providing accounting and administrative services for the Funds. In addition, JNAM directly manages several risk-based multi-strategy fund-of-fund offerings available exclusively through Jackson products.
The Investment Management Associate provides research, analytic support, and reporting relating to investment options used across the firm’s investment variable annuity platforms. The Investment Management Associate assists in preparation of materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Generates performance reports using Morningstar Direct and Microsoft Excel.
- Prepares attribution reports using FactSet and Morningstar Direct.
- Provides analytical support in monitoring portfolio exposures and risks.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for Board meetings.
- Assists in creating presentations, reports, and commentaries to support investment education.
- Participates in meetings and/or conference calls with external managers and documents the meetings.
- Participates in due diligence reviews of external investment managers.
- Investigates specific issues related to funds and provides documentation and recommendations.
- Participates in the implementation of new or updated processes for the department.
- Collaborates with other departments on internal requests.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and investments.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using Morningstar Direct and/or FactSet is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field required.
- 0-3 years of industry related experience required.
- Progress toward CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) or CAIA (Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst) preferred.
We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Jackson is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The Company subscribes to and endorses federal and state laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, legally-recognized disability, marital status, legally-protected medical condition, citizenship, ancestry, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other factor not related to the needs of the job. The Company is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Company facilities and campuses are tobacco-free environments.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.