Website Jackson National Life
Working at PPM America, Inc.
Founded in 1990, PPM is a US-based institutional asset manager with $73 billion in assets under management. We have extensive expertise in providing investment solutions in public and private fixed income, private equity, commercial real estate debt, and CLO management. PPM prides itself on being a nimble, investment-led organization that is responsive to the opportunities that our teams discover together. Our mission is to deliver client specific solutions and world-class service to investors in the pursuit of their unique investment objectives. At PPM, we pursue professionals who exhibit humbleness, directness, and dedication. Our communication style is informal, and we encourage open collaboration and give our teams the freedom to speak openly and share new ideas. This philosophy has been serving us well for decades: creating a low turnover rate and a high average tenure. Our values guide our internal conduct and help define the type of relationships we share with our investors, affiliates, and other valued partners. We attract and retain the right people who believe in our culture and take ownership for delivering results. Above all, we’re passionate about giving back to our clients, to each other, and to our community. We understand that community and purpose are just as important as the job description when finding your next career. At PPM, we offer opportunities to get involved with a diverse network of peers and support the causes that are important to you. Your passion and talents can make a lasting impact on our organization and our community.
The Portfolio Services Department lives by the maxim that our work must be Timely, Complete, and Accurate. Within that construct, Portfolio Services provides a broad spectrum of operational support in conjunction with owning the firm’s Investment Book of Record (IBOR) and a fiduciary oversight of client investments and assets. Functionally oriented teams include: Public & Private Operations, Performance Analytics, Data Management and Business & Product Reporting. Portfolio Services faces off to the spectrum of Investment, Trading and Administrative groups within PPM as well as provides direct and indirect support to external clientele and their agents.
This position exists within Portfolio Services, a department providing broad investment management focused operational and analytic support to the firm. The Assistant Vice President of PMO (Project Management Office) /Derivative Operations will report directly to the Head of Portfolio Services and will work closely and collaboratively with a cross-functional team of similarly experienced SME’s leading separate functional teams within the department. The role is responsible for insuring the overall derivatives processing capabilities and insuring adherence to regulatory and collateral management best practices. The Candidate will possess (or develop) a deep and broad understanding of a wide spectrum of OTC and ETD derivative instruments and the nuances embedded within each instruments’ Life-cycle. Separately, the Candidate will administer the department’s project management activities and work with senior leaders to provide independent analyses and process review to reduce risk and realize efficiencies in all operational work activity. The successful candidate is expected to examine systems, processes and procedures and be able to design and implement improvements throughout the firm’s support model and infrastructure.
This role will involve significant internal and external client contact including: Portfolio Management, Trading, Legal and Compliance. Collaborative work effort with Risk, IT and Client facing groups within PPMA will also be required. External vender and agent management will be necessary with entities including: Custodian Banks, Third-party Vendors, Counterparties, Broker Dealers, FCM’s and CCP’s
- Active management and second-line review of all derivative related life-cycle activities including settlement, collateral management, regulatory reporting, reconciliations of data between various in-house systems, custodial and various external repositories
- Working closely with staff to resolve the most complex issues and problems identified and reduce operational risk profile while expanding department support capabilities
- Independently perform complex analysis and review of workflow and reporting to insure accuracy and timeliness of data
- Work with vendors and Information Technology to insure systems are utilized effectively and that the supporting infrastructure is fit for purpose.
- Insure that all regulatory reporting is performed accurately and is adaptable to changing industry and investment strategy demands
- Provide internal training and quality assurance on the spectrum of credit, Rates and foreign exchanged related instrument types with the ability to effectively organize and convey information and knowledge
- Mentor staff to develop depth in skills and industry knowledge and remove explicit key-man dependencies
- Provide project management expertise in the continuous improvement of systems and procedures and all derivative related infrastructure development work
- Provide back-up support for other Portfolio Services team members and assist in special projects and “ad hoc” requests as necessary
- Expert level knowledge of Portfolio Accounting Principles.
- Expert level knowledge in Derivative Operations, Derivative Markets and Derivative Regulations
- Previous experience in leading staff and team development activities
- Possesses a practical level of project management experience and the ability to articulate business and user requirements
- Written skills that provide for the production and review of processes, workflows and procedures
- Strategic vision and the ability to analyze and administer complex environments
- Ability to build positive connections to internal and external constituents
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple objectives and tasks within a dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of portfolio accounting platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant operations experience at either buy-side or sell-side investment organization.
- BA/BS degree in finance or accounting related discipline
- Advanced degree preferred
- Industry related credentials of CPA, CFA or similar distinctions are beneficial
At PPM, we offer opportunities to get involved with a diverse network of peers and support the causes that are important to you. Your passion and talents can make a lasting impact on our organization and our community.
Our employees go the extra mile every day, and the benefits of working at PPM reflect our commitment to supporting and enhancing their personal and professional lives. The plans and programs listed below are offered in collaboration with our parent company.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k retirement plan with dollar-for-dollar matching contributions (up to 6% of salary)
- Tuition and professional certification reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Holidays and paid time off
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Gift matching
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.