Website Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC)
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why you’ll love this job:As a member of DTCC General Counsel’s Office and reporting to the Head of Legal – EMEA, the Assistant General Counsel will be a member of the DTCC General Counsel’s Office, located in the London office, with responsibility for providing legal support and advice to DTCC’s Solutions’ businesses in EMEA. We are looking to hire and champion a lawyer with an inquisitive, growth mentality and an enthusiastic manner, looking to thrive in an encouraging and collaborative environment. The core of the activities will be to act as legal contact for DTCC businesses in London and abroad and take ownership for the provision of legal advice as well as the identification of legal risks with a view to designing and implementing measures to reduce and/or control those risks. This will involve working closely with colleagues and partners throughout the organisation, locally and globally. We are looking for a lawyer that can be autonomous in their role, using the support that the distributed team provides as appropriate.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate, timely and commercial advice to the business on a wide range of legal and regulatory topics under English and European Union law
- Support the management of legal issues across our regulated and unregulated businesses in EMEA
- Be a key contact for legal issues and risks with direct engagement with the Compliance, Product, Tech, Operations, Sales and Commercial teams in particular
- Operate with a good degree of autonomy and work closely with partners and colleagues in order to build positive relationships and facilitate and support all DTCC business in EMEA
- Key collaborator reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial, product, service, partnership, license, financial services and other ancillary business contracts balancing commercial objectives and business demands with risk management imperatives — this will involve collaborating closely and negotiating with various partners (both internal and external) encouraging and preserving relationships built on trust
- Horizon scanning to devise effective solutions in collaboration with Legal, Compliance and Management, to develop efficient defence strategies and protect the business from risks, including by providing advice on the development and structuring of new business initiatives, new products and service offerings, transaction execution and legal and regulatory change
- Maintain and assist in maintaining sound governance practices and monitoring the efficiency of controls
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behaviour
- Act as a key support for the Head of Legal – EMEA and Compliance team in maintaining relationships with the regulators and other institutions by keeping up with regulatory changes and updates
- Collaborate with other members of the Legal and Compliance teams, both in the Americas and APAC regions, to ensure a consistent approach to legal issues across the DTCC business
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, contract processes and legal policies and procedures in collaboration with other DTCC regions
- Handle other legal matters or ad-hoc projects as requested by the Head of Legal – EMEA
- Deliver ad-hoc training programmes or focused session groups involving legal and industry specific risks
- Provide regular updates on matters to the Head of Legal – EMEA
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed for Success:
- Qualified Lawyer (LLB or equivalent). Postgraduate or advanced degree or equivalent (e.g. MA, MBA, LL.M) preferred but not crucial
- Significant post-qualification experience as a practising lawyer, gained first in private practice then in a dynamic in-house legal team (commercial or financial services environment) and an interest in technological development in the financial sector will be an advantage
- A self-starter that can accomplish goals without direct supervision whilst finding opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and partner with stakeholders
- Excellent commercial and legal acumen, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with analysing complex issues, exercising judgement, applying critical thinking to solve problems and recommending practical customer-focused solutions
- Ability to adopt an agile way of working and manage the demands of a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About the Team
To apply for this job please visit ebxr.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.