Website PPMAmerica Inc.
The Assistant Controller holds key responsibilities in the corporate accounting and finance functions of PPM. The Assistant Controller reports to the Controller. The successful candidate will possess the following personal attributes:
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to bring best practices to the organization
- An inquisitive nature, with a strong desire to learn and grow professionally
- A desire to work in an environment that is both growth-oriented and team-oriented
- Compile monthly results, generate financial statements and prepare financial reports for review;
- Maintain documentation of internal controls;
- Assist with external audit and internal audits; and
- Participate in the assessment and mitigation of enterprise-wide internal control and business risks.
Forecasting, planning, and analysis:
- Monitor variances to plan and forecast revised results;
- Participate in the development and preparation of PPM’s annual business plan and budget; and
- Build financial models with which to assess product development initiatives.
- Assist with the preparation of periodic presentations to PPM’s senior management and respond appropriately to inquiries;
- Payroll journal entries and reconciliation of staff related costs;
- Maintain, to the highest standard, required books and records;
- Support the strategic goals of the department and company;
- Perform complex fee calculations;
- Research and make recommendations on GAAP accounting and entity specific issues; and
- Maintain compliance with SOX and other related policies.
- Assist in managing and maintaining lines of credit and related reporting requirements; and
- Assist with managing banking relationships and all forms required for account opening and closing accounts.
- Identify and propose opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
- Manage and train Accountants.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on knowledge of corporate finance a pre-requisite.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to deal with all levels in the firm.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A technology orientation with strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- 5+ years of direct experience, preferably in public accounting or financial services, required.
- Oracle & Great Plains experience a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other designation a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity PPM America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we base our employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, non-job related disability, pregnancy or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jackson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.