Women in Derivatives (WIND) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, established in 2007, whose mission is to attract, retain, educate and develop female leaders in the financial industry. WIND provides targeted channels for education, mentoring and sponsorship, leveraging senior leaders within our organization. WIND’s members – women in trading, sales, law, economics, portfolio management, risk, marketing, research, academia, government, operations and technology – are committed to helping the next generation of women leaders. In order to encourage enterprising high school girls from underprivileged backgrounds to pursue careers in finance, WIND is providing this scholarship.
The applicant must:
- Be a 12th grade girl
- Be from an underprivileged environment
- Have a GPA of 3.25 (or equivalent), or higher.
Applicants must submit:
- An application on the WIND website
- A high school transcript
- A teacher recommendation
- An essay that reflects their interview of a woman in a finance-based, or other mathematics-based career, describing how that woman overcame adversity in order to achieve success in her career. Essays should be between 500 and 1,000 words.
Winner(s) will receive a prize of $2,500 towards their tuition which will be in the form of a check made payable directly to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education located within the United States attended by student applicant.
In addition, winner(s) will also be able to shadow an accomplished woman in finance (virtually or in-person) for a day to see first-hand what a day in the life of a woman in a leadership position in finance is like.
- Completed applications are due by November 30, 2022.
Please reach out to Petal Walker (email@example.com), Jackie Mesa (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Deborah North (email@example.com) if you have any questions.