Bracebridge Capital, LLC is a leading hedge fund managing over $9 billion in assets. The firm pursues an investment strategy primarily within the global fixed income markets with the objectives of capital preservation and absolute return without significant correlation to equity, interest rate and foreign exchange markets. Bracebridge trades a wide range of securities and derivatives. Established in 1994, Bracebridge has a record of strong growth and solid investment performance. Approximately 80 employees operate from our office located in Boston’s Back Bay. The entrepreneurial culture and small-firm environment at Bracebridge reward and support motivated, collaborative, enthusiastic and results-oriented individuals. We believe our firm’s greatest asset is the people who work here.
This position will handle a broad range of legal responsibilities across the full spectrum of work relevant to our business, with a focus on fund transactional activities and structuring matters. The role requires solid drafting and confident negotiation skills. The role also encompasses handling investment advisory, general corporate and litigation matters. This position will work closely with the trading, finance and operations personnel at all levels. This role requires a person who enjoys a market-driven environment that is intellectually stimulating and dynamic. The ideal candidate has a broad corporate skill set, an understanding of trading markets and fixed income products, an ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive assignments, demonstrated intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for handling matters novel to them.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Broad range of legal responsibilities with respect to portfolio investment transactions, particularly structured products, restructurings, note offerings, including managing a full panoply of U.S. and foreign counsel, as well as reviewing, drafting, negotiating term sheets, etc.
- Strategic fund structuring, including structuring special purpose or other deal vehicles.
- Following and reporting on relevant legal, regulatory and market developments.
- Handling routine regulatory, investor, auditor, counterparty, administrator and board due diligence matters and requests from time to time.
- Working cooperatively within a team of corporate lawyers on additional investment advisory, regulatory, contractual and other matters as they arise.
- Bachelor’s and J.D. degrees and 5+ years relevant work experience; must have spent some time at a top tier law firm and have had prior exposure to work with investment advisors registered with the SEC.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines and deliver high quality, error free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player and have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, initiative and a proactive approach.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Recruiters Please.