Website Women in Derivatives
Women in Derivatives (“WIND”) is seeking a Director of Operations for a part-time, consulting position. The Director of Operations is responsible for executing the overall strategic plan of WIND, along with its Board of Directors (the “Board”), to implement its programs toward its mission. Key duties include event management, fundraising, social media, community outreach, and membership connectivity. The position reports directly to the Board. This role can be extremely rewarding and allows an individual to be creative as she works across different committees and broaden her relationships with our large membership.
1) Management. The Director of Operations will be responsible for the management of the Board’s directives. In this capacity, the individual must:
a. Coordinate and collaborate with committee leads, which currently include: (i) Educational programs; (ii) Leadership programs; (iii) Fundraising program; and (iv) the development of a Scholarship program, to execute on the defined plans for each.
b. Identify resources needed, volunteers or consultancy, to carry out the defined plan
c. Manage budget for each respective program along with key deliverables
2) Project Management: The Director of Operations will execute plans in collaboration with, and as directed by, the relevant committee leads as described below (current committees include Leadership, Education, Fundraising, and Scholarship):
a. For Leadership and Education events, this individual will work at the direction of the committee lead to perform key functions such as invitations, securing event space, coordination with guest speakers, collateral for the day of the event, and tracking RSVPs.
b. For Fundraising, work at the direction of the committee lead to support efforts including sponsor tracking, outreach, routine event planning and potentially an annual gala, and ensure all are properly executed.
c. Assist in the creation of a scholarship program and help to develop criteria and selection process for awardees.
d. Track and communicate the status of all projects to the WIND Board
3) Social Media, Membership, Communications and Website.
a. Facilitate the brand identity of WIND through social and digital media sites, including updating the WIND website.
b. Coordinate with vendors, such as web design contractors and administrators, as needed.
4) Board Governance: The Director of Operations will regularly communicate with the Board to provide information necessary for the Board to make informed decisions. Examples include (i) providing regular updates on the status of ongoing projects; (ii) organizing regular board meetings and working with the Board and Secretary to compile an agenda and relevant materials, including obtaining any needed consents for relevant agenda materials ahead of the board meeting; (iii) meeting with individual board members and committee heads as necessary to define needs for the furtherance of relevant projects to ensure continued progress.
5) Financial Performance and Viability. The Director of Operations will work with the Fundraising Committee, the Chair of the Board and the Treasurer to ensure resources are sufficient for the financial health of the organization. Working with the Treasurer, she will (i) coordinate with the Committee leadership and the Chair of the Board to prepare an annual proposed budget; (ii) prepare monthly financial statements, which should accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization, (iii) institute responsible fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget.
· A passion for the mission of WIND
· Self-motivated and directed, proven track record of managing tasks without heavy oversight
· Outstanding written and communication skills
· Unwavering commitment to quality programs
· Demonstrated project management skills and strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating and program development
· Budget management skills
· Skills to collaborate with and motivate people
· A bachelor’s degree
· Other relevant work experience
· Nonprofit experience helpful but not required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com