Website Russell Investments
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Derivatives Trading team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors. As a Trader at Russell Investments, you will have a specific derivatives focus, will encompass a range of products in fixed income, equities, commodities. Instruments traded include swaps (OTC and cleared), listed futures, listed and OTC equity options. The associate will be part of a team developing and researching customized portfolio overlays and hedging strategies. The position will also have significant trade execution responsibility across Russell funds, third party clients and transition management clients. A successful candidate will be extremely detail-oriented. An understanding of a wider set of financial products – including the interaction of equity derivatives with rates, FX and commodities is essential given the diverse nature of Russell’s client base. This position will interact with other trading desks, portfolio managers, implementation portfolio managers, Street side coverage, quant staff, IT and external clients. The ability to work well in a team and strong communication skills are imperative. This position calls for a highly organized, conscientious individual with strong analytical, quantitative, collaborative and communication skills. Traditionally, the team starts their day around 5:45 a.m. As the trading desk liaises with other international offices and is involved in global trading and portfolio management events, flexibility with working hours is expected and required. Knowledge of Bloomberg is a plus.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
- Trade Execution across equity, fixed income and commodity futures, interest rate swaps, equity index options, total return swaps, credit derivatives.
- Portfolio management of liquidity sleeves. Research and creation of custom strategies.
Implementation of improvements in team portfolio management processes – trading practices, portfolio analysis, performance reporting.
- Prepare roll reports and other performance reports. Meet with PMs to discuss results. Create and maintain derivative baskets for benchmark replication. Reporting, guideline development and risk management of positions.
- Assist IT team with feedback for process improvement and efficiency gains.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics or economics preferred
- 2-5 years of work experience in a related field
- Programming skills in VBA, R, C#, SQL preferred
- Equity index futures, fixed income futures, commodities, OTC, physicals knowledge
- Bloomberg knowledge
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work in a team within a time-sensitive environment
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Solves and analyzes problems effectively, with a process for decision making. (Complex Problem Solver)
- Has the ability to understand and appropriately apply principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise. (Strategic Technology Mindset)
- Evaluates problems via systems thinking, sees downstream effects, identifies future implications across a process to help prioritize solutions. (Operational Excellence)
- Has a deep understanding and application of markets and technical issues related to derivatives and vehicle types that support the investment process. (Portfolio Implementation and Trading Acumen)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person’s actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person’s biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit russell.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.