Website Morgan Stanley
Institutional Client Services Executive Director
: Sep 20, 2019
: CCH-99227 – [ISG Product Operations]
: Americas-United States of America-Maryland-Baltimore-1300 Thames Street – [BALTH]
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Executive Director
Recruiting Contact Name: E Greco
Recruiting Contact Email: email@example.com
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Client Services (ICS).
ICS provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales & Trading. ICS partners closely with Sales and Trading to support new products and services, as well as, drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering high quality service to clients both internal and external. ICS partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations, as well as, Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected ‘front to back’ view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading and our clients.
Scope: Senior level executive to act as North America Head of Institutional Client Services for Fixed Income, Equity, and Soft Dollar Client Service. The candidate will be responsible for the leadership and supervision of a team of 55 and a 20 person vendor team offsite. Focus of the role includes trade lifecycle management, pre and post execution including client on-boarding, trade entry/allocation, trade matching, trade confirmation, settlement and fails management, risk management, project management, and client service.
Role: Based in Baltimore, Maryland, the department head for the Institutional Client Services (ICS) group will support the Institutional Equity Division, Fixed Income Division, and Commission Management Group. The role reports into the Global Head of Institutional Client Services based in New York. The candidate will manage process, people, client service standards, budget, technology, and projects. Thoughtful and creative leadership toward driving the client engagement strategy and technology enhancement is a primary function in the role. Throughout the life of a trade, the ICS professional will face-off directly with sales and trading Desks, including Programs trading, Electronic, Voice, Syndicates, Converts, Swaps, SPG, Muni, Government Securities, EM and Corp Debt and overall Cash Equity and FID Operations with the goal of minimizing risk and maximizing profit by protecting and enhancing client trading relationships. External relationships include clients, vendors, and third party utilities in the industry. Contributing to and participating industry panels and boards is also an element to the role.
– Act as senior point of escalation for S&T, Clients, and Non-Market Risk
– Supervision of Pre and Post trade date functions of the team
– Develop and maintain external and internal client relationships. Drive and implement new client strategy to ensure appropriate service levels are provided
– Partner with IED, FID, CMG, IT and Operations to identify STP opportunities and to implement strategic change and improvement at all stages of the trade lifecycle in order to enhance operational processes (reducing costs and increasing speed & accuracy)
– Responsible for leading major trading events such as rebalances and sensitive transitions or high profile new issuances, IPOs, and follow-ons
– Lead Front-to-Back remediation, platform and process renovations, and tooling and system enhancements
– Supervise and ensure change implementation for new products is complete and accurate — this includes owning turnovers in the Technology Change Management Process
– Act as designated supervisor for various FINRA based requirements
– Personnel management of the overall organization including performance reviews and promotion/compensation communications
– Lead industry and market changes for new platforms, products and regulatory changes
– Participate in and represent Morgan Stanley on industry organizations
– 10-15 years of global Equity, Soft Dollar, and FID Operations experience
– Superior aptitude to understand, utilize, and improve technology platforms
– Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
– Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure in a fast paced environment
– Recognizes risk in day-to-day processes, draws out the key issues and suggests
ideas for continuous improvement.
– Proven track record of senior level / executive leadership
– Analyzes complex issues, identifies root causes and proposes future actions.
– Strong sense of ownership and accountability
– Industry knowledge of Equity and FID Processing including Depository Trust Company, OMGEO, Traiana, and FIX
– 10 to 15 years previous Financial Services experience required
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment under high stress
– Series 99 required
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
– Excellent Communication Skills
– Bachelor’s Degree required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org